My friends keep tellling me I will BULK!

Options
melainemelaine
melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
Help!

This starts to worry me, I know I shouldn't be, but it does. So how do you ladies feel about this?

I don't want to go massive!

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You will not bulkl! Does any of the friends that keep telling you you will bulk is a woman that lifts heavy weights, eats right and is bulky and is not taking anything extra to bulk? If not then don't believe them.

I have a pic in my profile of my " bulky" back and arms. That is after 5 months of lifting heavy as I can.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    do i look bulky to you? I have been lifting heavy for 8 months and i am smaller then ever
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Please don't listen to them,listen to the girls that have been lifting heavy....:wink:

Women are not made to get bulky....
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    We don't produce the amount of testosterone that men do, therefore, we are not genetically programmed to bulk. As long as you are eating right and not taking steroids, you should be fine!:bigsmile:
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    prove them wrong!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    my fiance keeps telling me the same thing, no matter how many times i tell him he's wrong...so i'm going to prove him wrong :) i think he's just jealous i can squat more than him already lol
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Do your friends know better than the author of the book? The author of Starting Strength? If not, forget about what they're telling you.
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    prove them wrong!

Thank you all! I will! You know how it is if everyone keeps telling you the same thing, I have been open about my fitness program and only get these type responses.

I will prove them wrong!
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You will not bulkl! Does any of the friends that keep telling you you will bulk is a woman that lifts heavy weights, eats right and is bulky and is not taking anything extra to bulk? If not then don't believe them.

I have a pic in my profile of my " bulky" back and arms. That is after 5 months of lifting heavy as I can.

If you are "bulky" I want to be "bulky" too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Your friends are misinformed. Don't drink the koolaid! I've been doing NROLW since September and I look awesome and not bulky.

People who think women will lift heavy weights and immediately look like the stay-pufft marshmallow man are kind of insulting the women who ARE trying to get bulky (i.e. bodybuilding competitors) who work out for hours and carefully monitor their diets to gain that elusive bit of muscle.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options

If you are "bulky" I want to be "bulky" too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thanks!