HELP - THE WEEKEND IS COMING

Options
OMG people, these last 4 days on this kickstart program really kicked my butt. And the weekend is coming and I don't think I can do it. My body is starved from the things we can't have and I know the weekend will make this a lot harder. Can you give me some encouraging words. I need your help to get through until my weight in on Monday!

Replies

• tootru
    tootru Posts: 8
    Options
    I believe in you!

Have you talked to your family and friends about what this means to you and asked for their support?

If you haven't, start there because it won't just be you telling yourself to stick with it. And you'll also have a sort of external obligation, you'll know other people are pulling for you and you won't want to let them donw, will you?

I also suggest that you write down what your plan is for the weekend, what you're eating and when, when you plan to do your exercise and what you plan to do between eating and exercising. Reward yourself! Go to a film (unless popcorn is your downfall!), a museum, get a pedicure, shop for "goal" jeans/dress/swimsuit. You've already gotten through the hardest part of the kickstart, give yourself a pat on the back!

Then, make sure you're busy - again, if you usually go out with friends, let them know what you're doing and why you'll be drinking club soda instead of cosmos and ask for them to support you. Offer to be a designated driver - you may be able to get free drinks, plus you are obligating yourself not to drink.

Just some thoughts ... I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

t.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    you can do it! it's only a week! think ahead of what you'll be doing and where you're going. if you have to eat out, research first! i went out to eat during the kickstart and just made sure my cals were within range. be prepared and it won't be as difficult. yesterday we had peanut butter and chocolate cake at my work and i knew i'd want some, so i took a mastering your metabolism brownie to eat instead. it worked like a charm. i was satisfied and didn't have any cake. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!