What are you goals with JM Body Revolution?

Options
gerbies
gerbies Posts: 444 Member
I know that most of you have already started your program (and some are still waiting for their programs to arrive/start). For those who have started or those who are about to start, I thought it would be a motivator to state your goals from JM's Body Revolution. Do you have a total weight loss goal? Do you have a weight you want to hit? Inches lost? Size? An exercise related goal (e.g., able to run a mile, able to beat a running time, able to do 20 "real" push-ups, etc.)?

I will be starting the kickstart program on 3/12/12. My goals of the 90 days are as follows:

- Lose 35 lbs
- Hit the 200's (even if it's 209.9)
- Fit into a size 14 (even if it's a 14W)
- Complete a family photo shoot and feel happy about how I look (I am actually doing the photo shoot at the end of May, which will be before the program is over - hope to lose 30 lbs by then).

What are your goals?

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My end of May goal weight is 153, and I started JM BR at 165, so I want to lose 12 lbs in the 12 weeks. I also want to be more fit, stronger, all of that, but those things are harder to objectively measure. :)
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    My last day is just before Memorial Day weekend. My goal is to lose at least 30 pounds and be able to wear a dress that hits above my knees and feel comfortable with it! I'm in the middle of week 2 and feeling really great about the results so far. Another goal of mine is not to be tempted by what everyone else is eating/drinking in social environments, I want to be able to go out with my friends w/o feeling the pressure of killing my diet.
  • washcapfan
    washcapfan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal is to not be embarassed to have my picture taken with my 2 year old son. I noticed a few days ago that there are very few pictures of him and I since the day he was born. And I cringe when I see the few that there are. My goal is to lose 40 pounds on this plan. Other goals include wanting to feel better, not being out of breath from walking up stairs, get into a single digit size, learn to eat healthier and be more prepared for the 60 mile 3 day breast cancer walk I am signed up for in October!
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am on day 11 right now and my goal is to lose 40 pounds during this 90 days (already down 5 in 11 days). And actually, I am not too worried about the actual number on the scale....my main goal is to be able to wear a great pair of jeans and a fitted top without the dreaded mushroom over my jeans and be able to show off my arms.

I carry all my weight from my hips to my head, so I am really hoping to sculpt my upper body so that I can wear tank tops to my kids softball/baseball games this year and look great instead of my usual really baggy T-shirt and shorts.
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am starting on 3/12/12 as well. My goals are:

1) Lose at least 15 lbs
    2) Concentrate on toning and defining muscles
    3) Boost endurance
    4) Lose at least 10 inches total
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    My goal is to improve the way I eat. I'm less worried about being able to do the exercises than I am that I won't be able to stay on any sort of reasonable eating plan.

Goals:
    Stick with the program for the full 12 weeks.
    Learn to eat better, consistantly.

Of course, weight loss is a goal, too. I'd love to lose 25 lbs, which would put me at my goal weight, but I'm aiming for at least a 15 lb loss. I have no idea what I'll look like at that weight, and since I've never been there (at least since I passed it going up when I was a teenager!) I'm really looking forward to finding out what size/shape I'll be!

Like gerbies, I'm starting 3/12. Can't wait!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my goal is to finish the program! i also want to reduce my body fat and feel comfortable in a bikini this summer. i'm on the tail end of week 3, and i love it. i'm already seeing great results!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My hope is to be all over toned, feeling and looking more fit, tight, flat stomach. I also want to sick to the 90 days plus do other cardio (runnig, biking, elliptical) 3 times a week.
  • jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it tonight, so I haven't started yet. However, I will be doing this program while I train for a half marathon in May, so my goals for the program are:

Improve my core strength (which will also help improve my running)
    Lose inches and get my flat tummy back
    Start to see (or maybe even actually see) a six-pack by the end of this thing
    Reach my goal weight (I have about 20 pounds left to lose, which I think is do-able with this program & the running)
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    my goal is to complete the program. i don't have a "# of pounds i want to lose" goal. i'd like to feel comfortable with the way i look in my swim suit, which seems appropriate since my 90th day is at the beginning of june!
  • tootru
    tootru Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm not doing the diet part of Body Revolution since I'm vegan, but I am following Dr. Mark Hyman's Blood Sugar Solution basic diet.

But - my goals are:

Stick with the plan for the full 90 Days
    Get my blood sugar into normal levels (after 4 days on JM, I'm almost there, already!!)
    Get my other health indicator numbers into normal levels
    A1c is a little high
    Total cholesterol is ~159, but the ratio is off
    Triglycerides are really high
    Be able to ride my bike to the market (it's not far, but the is a 10% grade and impossible right now)
    Maintain the program during a 2-week business trip to corporate HQ in May (already planning what to pack, etc).

I'm not focusing on weight so much, because the number on the scale seems to have too much emotional baggage. So these other numbers and goals make more sense for me.
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My goals are:

Be back in the shape I was in 2 years ago after completing P90X
    Run a 5K without having to walk any
    Fit into all the size 2 pants in my closet with the tags still on them :tongue:

I WILL DO THIS!!!
  • DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    I haven't received mine yet but I think I have my goals nailed down.

1- Stick with the plan for the full 90 days.

2- I would ideally like to hit Onederland at the end of the 90 days which would be about a 35lb loss. If i fall short I wont be upset, but it would be so motivational to follow through the entire program and see 19x on the scale at the end of it.

I will be a happy camper if I accomplish both =)
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs and change the way I eat permanently (cut out junk and overeating).
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm at the tail end of Week 4.

*Survive the remaining weeks and not have to re-do any because I couldn't keep up
    *Add extra cardio 3x per week
    *Lose inches around my middle/hips/thighs
    *Lose 15 pounds by the end of the program
    *Find something else to keep up the momentum!

I'm definitely stronger, I see muscle definition in my back and arms and I have more stamina than ever before.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I haven't received mine yet but I think I have my goals nailed down.

1- Stick with the plan for the full 90 days.

2- I would ideally like to hit Onederland at the end of the 90 days which would be about a 35lb loss. If i fall short I wont be upset, but it would be so motivational to follow through the entire program and see 19x on the scale at the end of it.

I will be a happy camper if I accomplish both =)

Oh my goodness, Onederland would be the BEST! For me, that's a really big stretch goal (like 40 lbs lost), but I would probably cry if I saw that!

Good luck...sounds like it's achievable!
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Stick with the full 90 days. Lose 30 lbs to reach my goal weight of 140 lbs hopefully by the end of the program
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    I just want to complete ALL 90 DAYS!!! I hit a bump this week due to working a few doubles (I worked 11 shifts in 8 days), so I got behind by 2 workouts... I've just pushed my week back a few days... It may take me 100 days or more, but I want to complete the program... I started at 163 lbs. I'd like to hit 145 by the end. I'm using different scales though. My old scale said I was 163 when I started, my new scale says I'm 154.5 today but I know it's more a difference in scales than actual weight loss lol So maybe on my new scale I'd rather hit 140 lol I want to be able to do 10 'real' pushups in a row... I'm up to 5.5 and proud of it as pushups are something I've never been able to do.
  • yayagirl2
    yayagirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Starting Tuesday, here are my goals:

To complete the 90 day schedule.
    Journal what I eat and eat as cleanly and mindfully as I can.
    Become stronger. Both physically and emotionally.
    Lose at least 20 lbs.
    Lose inches, especially in my mid section.
    Add extra cardio at least 3 times a week.
    Add one yoga class a week.
    Enjoy the journey and learn!
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i will be completed with BR about 2 weeks before my birthday and i really want to treat myself to a size medium sundress! and kick off the summer with self confidence to rock a two piece. i hope to get down to at least 150 (i started at 176) so a 26 pound loss. oh and i want killer legs!! so inches lost will be awesome