do us brits not like talking to each other?

Options
2»

Replies

• anndunkley
    anndunkley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this as I hadn't noticed we had a Brit forum before!! Thanks.x.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should start some extreme UK topics for discussion...... cricket, Morris dancing, changing the guard at Buckingham palace, the tradition of afternoon tea ( low cal version), Sunday roasts, pubs, Eisteddfords, Highland Games????
    You mean along the lines of...

my husband has suddenly taken up Morris Dancing. Now he spends every waking moment sewing bells to his trousers and hitting sticks together. Should I divorce him and move to Wales taking the chinchillas with me?

or

I used to love taking afternoon tea, but want to know if there's a low-carb alternative to scones and non-dairy clotted cream to go with my sugar-free, organic strawberry jam? How thin should I slice my cucumber and do you have a bread-free substitute for the sandwiches?

:happy: :laugh: :wink:

hahahahahahahahahaha! Kyle, you can tell you read the main forums!!
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    I thought I had joined team UK goodness knows what happened but anyway have added myself now lol and now I know where to find it try shutting me up lol.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Following on from a theme above, I'm in a skittles team, and quite regularly handle my friend Dave's balls. They were quite rough until recently, but another friend tended to them and they are now wonderfully smooth and shiny.

Do you think this is a healthy activity for a middle-aged, over-weight woman? :)
    oh it's perfectly healthy as long as you remember to drink 8 pints of water a day :drinker:

If you're going to score you certainly need smooth & shiny balls.
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should start some extreme UK topics for discussion...... cricket, Morris dancing, changing the guard at Buckingham palace, the tradition of afternoon tea ( low cal version), Sunday roasts, pubs, Eisteddfords, Highland Games????
    You mean along the lines of...

my husband has suddenly taken up Morris Dancing. Now he spends every waking moment sewing bells to his trousers and hitting sticks together. Should I divorce him and move to Wales taking the chinchillas with me?

or

I used to love taking afternoon tea, but want to know if there's a low-carb alternative to scones and non-dairy clotted cream to go with my sugar-free, organic strawberry jam? How thin should I slice my cucumber and do you have a bread-free substitute for the sandwiches?

:happy: :laugh: :wink:

i swear i have seen a lady get a pair of scales out and weigh the scones at a posh hotel during afternoon tea, teeny bit curios i was as i’ve always wondered how much those gorgeous scrumptious rounds of dough weighed.....the bridge at huntingdon BTW
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Options
    Following on from a theme above, I'm in a skittles team, and quite regularly handle my friend Dave's balls. They were quite rough until recently, but another friend tended to them and they are now wonderfully smooth and shiny.

Do you think this is a healthy activity for a middle-aged, over-weight woman? :)

absolutely!!
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Options
    I thought I had joined team UK goodness knows what happened but anyway have added myself now lol and now I know where to find it try shutting me up lol.

shaddaaap xx
  • Anna_43
    Anna_43 Posts: 117
    Options
    I only ever look here, never even look at "main" forums as I like keeping things local...

But, it is very quiet on here.....