Week One

Options

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Suicide drills is right name for it but it feels so good when it's over because I know I'm done with work out.
  • chasity09
    chasity09 Posts: 18
    Options
    iam in week two and i hate the jump things OMG they kill me lol. i cant do that many but i keep at it i have lost 3 pounds so far and i get measured on sunday to find that out i just got to keep giving it my all.
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Day6 Week one: Plyometric Cardio Circuit finished woot so happy to complete week one yay :drinker:
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a little behind but saw this group! I will be starting Day 3 of Insanity. I am having a hard time doing the pushups!! Wondering when I will be able to even do them :(
  • rosmerypaul
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a little behind but saw this group! I will be starting Day 3 of Insanity. I am having a hard time doing the pushups!! Wondering when I will be able to even do them :(

I also have trouble with push-ups (i hate walking push ups). I have weak arms lol But I usually do as many as I can then move to my knees. Each time I do the push-ups I gradually can do more and more the regular way. Maybe you should try to do that?
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options

I also have trouble with push-ups (i hate walking push ups). I have weak arms lol But I usually do as many as I can then move to my knees. Each time I do the push-ups I gradually can do more and more the regular way. Maybe you should try to do that?

This is what I do... I usually can't do moving pushups so I'll do them on my knees or just do regular pushups (those are a challenge in themselves)... and push up jacks... forget that! I've tried - but I usually end up just doing pushups or "girly" pushups (knees)
  • babymines2004
    babymines2004 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks I really need the support
  • cjdcastro
    Options
    Just started this morning. So I've only done the fit test and it really kicked my rear end. Hopefully I can stick to it. Glad to see there are others doing it and improving.
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    the fit test and day two went well but painful lol well done guys i cant wait for the next work out
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to actually doing this program in full! I did the fit test over a year ago but went back to my beloved Turbo Jam b/c Insanity wasn't very 'fun' and I felt it didn't work my back-arms-core as much as it does with Turbo Jam with 2lb weighted hand gloves. No need to tell me I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll notice how right/wrong I was in that judgment after a week with Insanity ;)

I'm starting Insanity Friday March 16th, Wednesday's will be my rest days rather than Sunday as I won't get home until 10:00 pm or so due to a grad class after work and with a 16 hour day on Wednesday's I feel it is fair that I should not have to get up at 5:00 am indo Insanity (6:00 am is my regular wake up time).

I fear my fit-test results won’t be as strong as they would have been a few weeks ago because I have slacked on working out, I’ve only burned 200 cals or so a day walking for an hour on my lunch for the past couple weeks and well compared to Insanity, walking is just too granny-ish huh!
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    well guys did the cardio power & resistance today feeling real good managed to push myself to around 75% of the workout managed to burn 780 calories how you guys getting through week one?
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Heather,
    My rest days are also scheduled for Wednesdays... Although I find I need to take more than one a week sometimes so I'm a few workouts behind schedule. But I need to be able to move as well - and sometimes mental health rest days are necessary - I work nights in a hospital lab and some mornings I'm just too plain exhausted to do insanity. I can usually nap and the. Make myself get up to workout but some days - not so much.

Your arms will definitely get a workout! At least I think mine do! Any way, welcome and have fun!
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    well pure cardio for me today and i loved it to the point im thinking on doing it again later tonight
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Day 5 done, feeling great! Looooooooved day 4, Cardio Recovery - it was just silly stretching so that was a nice break but thank goodness I walked at least 40 min that day, 30ish min of yoga only burns 100 cals, boo. Still under, all good!
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Heather,
    My rest days are also scheduled for Wednesdays... Although I find I need to take more than one a week sometimes so I'm a few workouts behind schedule. But I need to be able to move as well - and sometimes mental health rest days are necessary - I work nights in a hospital lab and some mornings I'm just too plain exhausted to do insanity. I can usually nap and the. Make myself get up to workout but some days - not so much.

Your arms will definitely get a workout! At least I think mine do! Any way, welcome and have fun!

Thank you! Cardio Recovery was a great rest too but I completely understand on the timing issue. If you aren’t already wearing them at work, you've got to get some Skechers Shape-ups. I've barely taken mine off since Christmas! It's like walking on pillows, I can walk 4 km easy on my lunch and you really do feel it in your calves. I have the black mary-jane style for work.
  • Nserrano03
    Options
    I'm doing Pure Cadio today... I hope I can push through!!! My legs feel like jelly after cardio recovery lol!
  • Used_T
    Used_T Posts: 9
    Options
    I was supposed to do Pure Cardio today, and I did about 15 min, I couldn't even finish the warm up. My body hurts so bad so I said F it and did some yoga and stretched myself back out. So tomorrow should I try again or should I just go to the Polymetric Cardio Circuit?
  • jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done and the warm up is now starting to get better, 2 more days until a day off but I am really liking it and I will not quit.
  • knobody09
    knobody09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    New to the group.

Finshed day 6 this morning. My body has been sore this whole week, Great feeling to be getting back in shape.
    Friday is my rest day, so I'll do Stretch X from P90x.
  • kfraze
    kfraze Posts: 3
    Options
    Week one day 5...got a new heart rate monitor and lovin it!! Sooo tired ...just got done with plyo cardio 42min and burned 527 calories :) Watchin my calories drip away makes me dig deeper!