Got the Fever

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
Sick of this cold Indiana weather and ready for some hiking! Yesterday it got up 70 degrees ( a nice change from the 30's we've been seeing) and all I could think about is getting out on the trails! Temp is back down today, still, all I can think about is hking!

Wishing the warmer weather would stick around so I can get on it! My bf is new to MFP and since this weekend's forecast is 50's and sunny, we will be hitting the Tippecanoe Battlefield. My new favorite trail that I haven't ahd the chance to fully explore.

http://dcwi.com/~eric/goot/wabasht.htm

Anyone else ready for the spring weather!!??

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I went and bought my daughter some new Keens yesterday so we can hit some trails after school on the nice days. It's just too bad they are still few and far between. Spring Fever is excruciating!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i need to start doing some more hiking before its too hot .....
  • sillygoose1977
    Options

I don't know people survive out there. Even if it is a "dry heat".
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I don't know people survive out there. Even if it is a "dry heat".

The 13 mile trail I really want to conquer this summer runs along a river. For some reason it feels cooler but the bugs are always crazy. Bug spray is a must on that one! Other than that, I will spash my face/arms with creek water if I am absolutely dying. :laugh:
  • fatboypup
    Options
    id rather cycle in 110 than 70 degrees
  • sillygoose1977
    Options

Please justify this insanity.
  • Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Crazy weather here today! One minute sun is shining, next minute complete white out. Did that 3 or 4 times through the day. Got the hiking gear in the back of the van .... c'mon hiking weather!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I live in South Florida, so the winter is the perfect time for hiking here. The highs here are usually in the 70's here. Trade your summers for our winters! Happy Trails.
  • fatboypup
    Options

Please justify this insanity.
    cause when its 70 here its cool/cold your nose runs its hard to breathe and your muscles are tight ...... when its hot out everything easier
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have been hitting the trails hard these last two weeks now that the weather is warming up and the time change- more daylight hours! I barely survived the winter so am thrilled that spring is here....hiked nearly 10 miles on the weekend and going hiking after work today. = )
  • TDSExpress
    Options
    Been enjoying Spring as well...logged a few miles this weekend and just got in from a quick hill climb with my dog....my youngest spotted a Robin Friday (and they're here in numbers now)...Winter is done !!! :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We've had such a nice winter here in Utah. I was able to do my first trail run last week. That said, there was just a big snow dump this morning in the mountains. I'm ready to hike again! For now, I'll have to live through my MFPeep, Viv, who lives in Colorado Springs. We are both mountain girls who love to hike. I would love to meet up with her sometime!
  • fatboypup
    Options
    i carried a backpack yesterday and about sweat to death