how long do you wait after eating??

Options
ive heard up to a few hours after a meal before you should practice. just curious to see what everyone thinks about this, thanks

Replies

• yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I try to go to class at least an hour+ after I've eaten a meal. If it's a light class, I've been known to rush off after 30min b/c of time constraints but never full or stuffed. Same goes for my other cardio classes too tho. I don't do hot yoga but I hear that people should wait at least 2 hours since the heat makes things worse:)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Depends on your digestive system. I can usually practice one hour after a light meal or two after a heavier meal, but mine is pretty speedy.
  • southernyogini
    southernyogini Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I advise most students that a snacek is okay an hour before. But a meal should be at least 2 hours, it will just slow you down and make your practice heavier.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time - so I would eat and then go to yoga class and not think too much of it. I am quite active so my calorie demands are high for someone my size.
  • gmstep
    gmstep Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mainly do hot power yoga, so I wait at least 2 hours after eating. Once I went in the morning and I didn't eat anything, but I was drinking coffee on my way there, and I was so nauseous during the class. I really don't have any waiting restrictions when I do it at home and it's just hatha yoga style.