• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Homemade vegetarian bobotie.

Sounds yum - I would love the recipe if you have time
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Just made a delisious sausage and lentil cassarole :D Yummy.
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Crockpot corn beef (no water so it falls apart when done), asparagus, broccoli, cauli, and maggi cheeses sauce.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am trying Corn Mountain bread wraps filled with Mexican bean chilli mix with lettuce, tomato, light sour cream and a little cheese. I make the bean chilli mix myself.
    Looking forward to it.
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Thought I would have a blow out night tonight and have a pizza!
    Bought a McCain Ultra thin Spinach and Mozzarella pizza thinking it should be lower calorie....ah my mistake...my hubbys Mccain family meatlovers pizza is almost the same calories per 100g! What a have McCain!
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    No one has posted their dinners lately so I thought I would.........

Dinner tonight is one of my favorites with Frys vegetarian crumbed schnitzels (most meat eaters would scoff at the idea of a vege schnitzel) But I love them especially with a bit of homemade chutney or plum sauce.
    Also having a red/yellow/orange capsicum and tomato salad with awesome caramelised balsamic vinegar.
    Lastly some sweet potato (yellow variety) and broccoli. About 400cals altogether which I find is pretty standard for my meals
    Wine is extra!!!
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

We had home made pizza last night, I'm amazed at how the vege toppings add up!

Cooking for myself tonight, so going to give weighing my portions a go (just started using this app). Have a great day everyone.
  • Lukasmum1
    Lukasmum1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Baked Monkfish with Peppercorn Sauce, over rice, with whole baby beans... Yum... 410 calories total.
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    Wow, since starting MFP I've been excited about cooking healthy meals for me and my partner. Not sure if I'm a wee bit OCD about weighing and scanning food stuffs when it comes to putting meals together, lol. There are never any leftovers or food wasted and I love it! Ok, the other night I cooked up a nice healthy (well, what I would consider "healthy") boil up. Two bits of lean pork loin chops @ 110gms each, boiled first. Not sure if some would change the water but if the meat is lean enough I'd prefer to keep the water and all it's yummy porky flavor. Later, I added half an onion (to substitute salt), a pinch of beef stock powder, a tsp of crushed garlic, small kumara cut in 4 and a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach added to the pot, let that boil for a wee bit longer and voila! That's about 250 cals per serve. The fact that I can still enjoy the foods or meals I love in moderation is awesome. Every night is an exciting challenge for me when it comes to cooking meals, thank god for the Internet! Love reading other dinner recipes on here, inspires me immensely!
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No idea what to have for dinner tonight :-(
  • kiwilass
    kiwilass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken (breast meat, ) coleslaw and 1 roast spud....yum (kids having self saucing pudd as well)
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    Partner is at work tonight so it's a one meal deal. Having dansk bacon (3% fat) and half the calories @ 84 grams, 2 medium size grilled tomatoes, 2 scrambled eggs done in the microwave, about 200 grams of fresh asparagus steamed. Looking forward to it, haven't had bacon in aaaaaages!
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Just made some yummy soup for tonight - Broccoli and minted pea.
    I gently sauteed an onion and a couple of cloves then added some boiling water and a Continental vegetable stock pot (haven't used these before). Cut up a head of broccoli when this was soft then added the frozen minted peas, cooked for a little bit more and blitzed all together. Added low fat ricotta cheese and low fat sour cream. It tastes really good - I was surprised. Probably high in sodium as I used that stock pot. Calories worked out to be about 120 per serve.
    Also having a Jambalaya Creole-style meal that I had cooked and frozen a few days ago (a vegetarian version of course - hot and spicy!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    No idea - Hash House Harriers tonight, so it will be Beer (light) with whatever gets served up! Pays to have a few spare calories i the bank each Monday night!
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Last night I made Jamie Oliver's 'Toad in the Hole' with balsamic onion gravy. Never had toad in the hole before but I saw a Masterchef programme where they were making it and when I saw this recipe in a Woman's Weekly I thought I would give it a go. Turned out good - used vegetarian sausages of course! Served with Spinach mash which was also by Jamie.
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Half a chicken breast (cut into two thin halves), sprinkled with a few mixed herbs, wrapped in a bacon rasher and George Forman grilled. Steamed green beans, carrots and leftover lettuce/avo/tomato salad from lunch. MMM MMM
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Indian curry with pumpkin, carrot and chickpeas and loads of spices....just the thing for this awful weather to warm the soul and the stomach! (homemade of course!)
  • Sneeze1970
    Options
    Macaroni with garlic, bacon, spring onions, mushrooms, spinach & a small sprinkle of grated parmesan.
    Used Light evaporated milk with a bit of the water used to boil the pasta for the sauce.
    Came out at 211 calories per portion.

Our 'standard' dinners have changed so much these days, its great although becoming more of a challenge with me still wanting quite low cal meals so as to keep loosing weight and hubby wanting more of a 'maintenance' amount as he is happy with where he is.
  • KahuNZ
    Options
    Had to share this recipe as I made it yesterday for dinner (I had some leftover pastry sheets) I think it was the tamarind chutney that I bought at the Takapuna markets that really gave it a good taste but you could use some other chutney with a bit of heat. It was a quick and easy dinner and tasted awesome.

Trish's Tasty Pastys

½ T olive oil
    1 medium onion chopped or half large
    4-6 cloves garlic chopped
    ½ - 1 t Thyme
    150g frozen spinach
    1.5 c frozen corn and beans or any combo
    2-3 T tomato paste
    1 chopped tomato (optional)
    1 T of Tamarind chutney (hot) or other fruit chutney
    ½ c of lite cottage cheese
    2 T of parmesan cheese, grated
    40g of Feta, crumbled
    Short pastry – 2 pre rolled sheets (less fat ones if possible)
    A little milk for brushing pastry

On a medium heat, cook the onions in the oil till soft and then add the garlic. Cook a little longer. While this is cooking cook or microwave the spinach and squeeze out excess water when cool. Cook or microwave the frozen vegetables. Drain.
    Add the thyme to the cooked onion and garlic, stir for a minute and add the chopped tomato. Cook for a minute or two and add the tomato paste and chutney. Take off heat add the spinach and vegetables mix together and let cool. Add the cheeses and mix well.
    Place half mixture in centre area of one pastry sheet leaving ends without the mixture. Fold to the centre and squeeze all ends together (like a Cornish pasty or calzone). Repeat with the second sheet. Brush with milk and bake at 220C for 30mins or until golden brown.

This recipe made 2 large pastries, one of which I halved for dinner and served with salad.
    You can make your own pastry or buy a block of short pastry and make smaller pastries. These ingredients would feed 2-4 people.

Ingredients are approx and I did not work out the calories as I don't do that anymore to my recipes since I reached my goal weight. I use an average as this works for me. I have a database of my recipes so have a good idea what calories are now.
  • sleeplesslions
    sleeplesslions Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    lentil hotpot, steamed broccoli, carrots, and brussel sprouts!