Hey

Options
Hey, I'm an aspiring model and can you guys tell me what you have gone through as a model so far?

Replies

• haruvamp
    Options
    Hi,
    I moved 4 years ago to America for my husband.
    Before I was modeling in Germany. I can tell from my experiences in America, it is not easy to get a good deal here if you don't have a good location.
    I life in RI. All the agencies I found so far are not trustworthy, they have side contracts where they suddenly want 240 dollar a year for your set card, and of course it has to be done with the agency photographer for a fee aso.
    Also they are very picky about, height, weight, and even the measurement if to much trained body or to less.
    Right now I see this as my last chance, I am 31 years right now, but don't look like it.I am 5'4.I 'm realistic and now I have to go with commercial and petite model. I am tiered of self promotion as a model. It is very stressful and time consuming and landing the big deals, cause this is just available with the big companies.
    So now I'm 10 pounds away from the perfect weight to apply, which I will achieve I already lost 8 out of 18.
    I will apply to all the good ones in my state and the states around me. And will make sure I settle with each agency in 1 state around me. This is the legal term when it comes to the agencies.

Tell me more about your experiences :)
  • zitandemanu
    Options
    What's fun about modeling and what's hard about it?
  • clean115
    clean115 Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm an aspiring model as well...