How do you destress?

Options
So I'm looking for some quick solutions to de-stress... college is definitely a constant stressor for me, and I most often turn to food as a solution (somehow, though, it never seems to solve my problems - funny that I always turn to it when I get overwhelmed...)

Most often, I feel best after a run or doing a bodyrock workout... Lisa Marie is amazing! Check out her workouts here: www.bodyrock.tv

But it would be nice to hear about what others do to de-stress - look forward to getting some feedback!

Replies

• glitterfritter
    Options
    I hear ya... I always end up reaching for sugary cereal, or cookies. But it's definitely a better feeling to get some exercise. Sometimes I'll just have a crazy solo dance party around my house, and that'll do the trick!. If you're looking for non-exercise solutions though, maybe taking a quick, hot shower? I've also heard that if you drink a cup of coffee then have a nap before it kicks in, you'll wake up feeling refreshed.

I used to take an acting class, and sometimes we would give each other massages in the morning to loosen up. BEST feeling ever! The trouble is just finding that person who's willing to give you one ;)

Thanks for the body rock link! Any other suggestions? This is one I'm curious about too.
  • littleline9
    Options
    My go-to's when I get stressed (besides ice cream, that's a bad one) are running, taking a nap or a long hot shower, painting my nails, or blasting some T-Swift (or other shamelessly girly music) and doing this weird cleaning/dancing combo. :)
  • memleyxx
    memleyxx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me, it's watching an episode of Hulu while laying in bed painting my fingernails. Or, going to the gym for an hour. Sometimes I really like to just get off campus, drive around Fort Worth and listen to music. Leaving campus really keeps me sane.
  • KENZIEB120
    Options
    I'm loving all of these - I've realized that I feel so much better when I destress with non-food-related things! I love biking around San Luis Obispo on sunny days - unfortunately spring sprang a little bit just to mess with us, and now it's supposed to rain soon... so I'll have to resort to destressing with Hulu (I love that one too!) and playing with the dog.