General discussion

Options
A place to converse and get to know people who are partaking in the P90x journey.

Ill start it off i guess, my name is jake i am 18 and i have tried P90x before but lost motivation after getting sick for two days. Also i am doing this to better myself and to better prepare myself for when i join the USAF.

Replies

• CoachXthea
    CoachXthea Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My name is Althea. I'm 30. Which I still can not believe. I gained about 81lbs this pregnancy. Only lost about 12 after birth. So I joined a gym got a trainer and got little to no results. I'm normally very fit person I love working out (I know what is wrong with me). But it is the only hobby I have besides taking care of my 6 year old son, 9 month old baby, and 2 stepdaughters that are 5 & 6. I am a beachbody fanatic. And I've just resently started the big one....P90X.

I've done 3 rounds of Insanity, prebaby. I also did Turbojam and P90 when you were about 10. LOL. Good luck going into the service. I think that is an excellent career choice!!! My hubby is a veteran and he says P90X is like basic training.
  • Charleyp90x
    Options
    Hi, I'm Charley. I have also just turned 30 and started P90x on Sunday. My husband wanted to do it and I said I will do it to offer him support. I have some weight to shift so it wont do me any harm! I'm hoping two of us together will keep each other motivated to stay on track.
  • jclairel
    jclairel Posts: 23
    Options
    I am here and just started p90x. I love it so far but I would love to be accountable for getting it done everyday. Glad to have found this group.
  • imaginativa
    imaginativa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm not starting until the 19th because I'm in the middle of a complicated move (very complicated, emotionally) but for those of you who are already into it, how far are you into it? I love knowing dates and hearing about progress.
  • jakeschafer
    Options
    Hey y'all im getting ready to start p90x... again after falling off after a week, not by choice but necause i got really sick. Anyways i just had a pretty tough question to ask all of you guys as to which version i should start out with either the classic, doubles, or the lean version. Also note i don't know what is entailed in the doubles or the lean. If you guys could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated! P.S Im always on here for motivation, support or anything! Dont be shy to hit me up
  • CoachXthea
    CoachXthea Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @ imaginativa - I am in my 3rd week. I had to start over 7 days in because I pulled a chest muscle in an unrelated event. I am still recovering, but am so ready to get results I'm just modifying moves

@jake - Lean will replace Plyo & Kenpo with Cardio X and Core Synergistics. They say that it adds cardio. I did it the first time I started and did not like it. So now I am doing my own madness which is a doubles P90X/Insanity Hybrid mix. Sounds more complicated than it is. Basically on the days that are strictly resistence i.e. chest and Back/Shoulders & Arms I am doing cardio too. Which is either running two miles or Insanity. If you have anymore questions feel free to inbox me. I love MFP, but the groups don't do a good job of letting you know when people have replied. Good luck!!
  • kobudo19
    kobudo19 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi to all in this forum. I just started the p90x program and let me tell you it's awesome. I have always practiced martial arts, but never had I exercised like this. I am glad to have found this group and I am looking forward to any tips anyone might have. Congrats on joining the USAF.
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just recently became a Beachbody coach and was planning on starting with P90X on the 19th as well - after Spring Break. I will finish this round just before my 30th birthday, where my goal was to lose 30 lbs - I've lost 7 since setting said goal. I'm really excited!
  • jclark17
    jclark17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jake...I would start with the classic. It's not called classic for nothing! If your goal is a more lean look, you can choose to use lighter weights at higher reps...your choice.

I finished P90X a year ago after loosing 20 lb NET and 4 inches around my spare tire. I then let myself go despite trying to do it again probably 4 or 5 times. Now I just started week 3 yesterday and am motivated to complete it again. Giving up alcohol for Lent and using MFP to monitor my calorie intake is helping tremendously. I just need to strength to work through the plateaus...when I don't see "progress" I get discouraged...

Just like Tony says, "Keep pushing play, keep pushing play..."

BTW - thanks for your upcoming service to our country! God bless!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey there Ladies and Gents! I'm Aujile. I'm 25 years old young professional and grad student. I just completed my first week for P90x (classic). So far, so good. I'm currently doing the Beachbody Challenge, so I have a coach and I'm doing the Shakeology daily as well. I'm glad I found this group because I can really use the help with accounability and motivation beause I have a long way to go (note my ticker) and I'm not really an "exercise person". But, nonetheless, I'm gonna give this thing a go and hope it works out. BTW, my official start date was 3/5/12.
  • rmcclurg1989
    rmcclurg1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started P90x 03/07/12. I have lost three pounds in the week so far and have Kenpo X tomorrow! Also how do I get my tracker to appear on my posts?
  • carlachristinewhite
    carlachristinewhite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am on my round 2 (kind of started again!) I hope you continue on with the program. It is very rewarding, a challenge but a good one. It might be hard when you are starting, but go past that and you will be strong. Eat clean too. Follow their meal plan and fuel your body enough to sustain and endure the workouts. I also use endurance booster pre-workout drink I highly recommend it. Goodluck to you all and wish you a great P90X journey!
  • jakeschafer
    Options
    Woooh only 5 more days till this shindig gets rolling! Feel free to add me im always on for motivation and a bit of competition if ya want to do that, it may be more fun.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm Larry. I'm 47 years old. This will be my 4th round of P90X.

My highest weight was 330 lbs. With the help of P90X I'm down below 220 lbs. now.

My goal is to get below 200 lbs. for the first time in over 20 years.
  • jakeschafer
    Options
    Okay i was just calculating the days from day one to 90 and when this run through is over itll finish right before my bday, hows that for encouragement ay.
  • MrsOat
    MrsOat Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started P90x this morning. It's a long story, but I did the Xstretch work out. I'll be starting the lean program tomorrow. I am so excited!!! I was hoping my husband would join me, but after this morning's lack of interest, I'm hoping to get some support here instead! Took my before pictures. Planning on taking them every 30 days. I look forward to encouraging everyone along! :)
  • MrsOat
    MrsOat Posts: 9
    Options
    @Mcclurg Under "Tools", go to "Tickers" Instructions are there for the ticker being at the bottom of your posts.
  • yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day my husband decided to join me which me this fun, we both survived YEAHHHHH we did no use the pull up bar but bands which I tore se I will be getting somethig else to use; we do not have a good place to put the bar right now.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 and definitely seeing some changes...not super dramatic, but definitely there. Anyone have tips for getting through yoga? I can do all of the other ones, but I dread yoga and even skipped my workout yesterday because I knew it was yoga...bad I know!