game of thrones

Options
dubist
dubist Posts: 279 Member
any one played this game? one of my gamer group has purchased it i am excited since these guys only ever wanted to play risk.
any tips?
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103343/a-game-of-thrones-the-board-game-second-edition
tonight we battle ;-}

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    yup! no tips, tho.
    I was TERRIBLE at it, havent played in a month, and forgot how to play since then lol
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I went to barnes and noble today, first time in a whilr ( i have a kindle so i dont buy physical copies much) and was very pleased to see their game section has grown so much. I saw thr game of thrones board game and almost bought it. I still may go back and get it after i do a little more reaearch on it. I need new games!
  • Alast
    Alast Posts: 33
    Options
    I got Game of Throwns since years... its still wrapped though :D Never got to play it.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    hahaha Ive got so many games I have yet to play...it's kind of sad.
  • Alast
    Alast Posts: 33
    Options
    thats normal for a game geek ;)
  • Jovialation
    Options
    goooooodd!
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I got a chance to play game of thrones with 2 of my brothers yesterday. Once we got thr hang of it, it was really fun. I am really looking forward to a proper 6 player game. I can tell it'll be super tense, as even with just the 3 of us it was getting pretty heated at times.
  • seljabyr
    seljabyr Posts: 11
    Options
    FAVORITE

My boyfriend and I have some intense battles now that we have the hang of it....
    Best to stick with one house at first and get used to that one. Each has their own strengths/weaknesses.
    Of course I love Dany and her dragons but if I can't get them all out in a fair amount of time I end up losing to Lannister when my BF has Littlefinger out b/c the gold supply is endless at that point, allowing him to pull out an army of other characters.
    Stark wolves are great attachments for Lord/Lady characters and the Kennel Master is a BEAST card because he gains strength with how many wolves are out. But the Starks are practically defenseless against Intrique attacks (the green icon) as their characters are dominant in Military (red)
    Baratheon I'm still figuring out...
    We were lost at first learning it on our own. It is really difficult teaching friends we want to play with as well, as you can't learn it all in one sitting. We are still on the cards at this point, haven't broken out the multiplayer board yet.