Hi

Options
I think this is a great idea. Welcome to all,who have the same weakness as me.

Replies

• AshtonValliere
    Options
    OMG iI think this is a great group!! eating after 6 is a huge problem for me... I eat even if Im not hungry LOL.. I need to find something else to bid my time, any suggestions?
  • petite_lar
    Options
    Great :) Where are you all from? I'm from London and it's 5:45 pm here... hehe it'll be my first day in a very long time to abstain myself from eating after 6... so I'll see how it goes. My plan is to distract myself from food by getting some work for university done... and maybe I'll also do some tidying up... Will keep you guys updated :)
  • lucyliar
    lucyliar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    what abt big dinner after day long work???
    i my case i eat dinner till 7.00,
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    I live in upstate New York.
  • MsAmErika82
    MsAmErika82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just realized this may be hard to do since I usually dont get home from work until 5:30. I dont think I will be able to cook 30 minute meals everyday.
  • GloriaMqt
    Options
    I also don't think i will be able to do the 6 deadline but i am going to shoot for an 8 pm one as that is more realistic for me especially since summer is beginning. This is definitely my weak spot. I was thinking of trying to find a special tea that i like as my nighttime "treat" instead. Anyone have other suggestions?
  • naptural1
    naptural1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. No food after 6 would be hard for me also on most nights. But I have been practicing no food after 8 for a while. I had some success with just having a cup of tea or water if I find myself getting hungry. My main goal is really to cut the mindless evening snacking that comes with boredom and late night TV. If I have daily calories left I will have a small piece of fruit or some nuts.
  • angelskye6
    angelskye6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I REALLY need help with this! When my littles are asleep and the TV is on, I just want some munchies to snack on. :embarassed: 6 pm is also too early for me, so I'll aim for no food after 8.

Good tips for me so far have been to brush my teeth right after dinner!! Chug a bunch of water. Have tea (I like vanilla chai tea with Splenda (or honey) and a splash of skim or almond milk)! If I have calories left and I'm very hungry, I like tea with some instant oatmeal (160 calories, 7 g protein, etc)...it's super filling and satisfying.

Feel free to add me! I need all the support I can get.
  • Milletp
    Milletp Posts: 81
    Options
    Southern California.
    Yep, brushing my teeth after eating def helps. It's hard for alot of us, esp in front of the tv, yes? The other night i pigged out on gum drops and licorice~dumb~reminder to self to move or empty the candy dish.
    As far as tips, if I must have something after 6....fruit or skinny cow....cracker jacks (on occasion).
    Do isometrics during commercials.
    I like vanilla chai too :-)
  • kellybell1110
    kellybell1110 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hello! I so need help with this one. I do amazing all day and then I get to relax and every sensible thought goes out the door. The kids are in bed and I finally get to unwind that is when I loose all will power. but I will try this challenge. On most nights 6 is ok but if we eat late then i will just not eat after dinner. I will try drinking a cup of tea, ice water or do something just as relaxing as watching tv live taking a bath, or going for a walk, reading a book. Something to break the habit. Thanks for starting this!
    Kelly
  • dgrupposo
    Options
    Tampa, F
    Like so many of you I am fine during the day when working or busy but at night when watching TV or relaxing with a book this habit of eating seems to grab hold. We don't eat dinner until 7 / 7:30 so I am working on not eating after dinner.

I've had some success with gum, celery with hummus and nuts if I find myself looking. I like the idea of tea as it takes time to make and drink.

I look forward to everyone sharing what works for them.
  • lucyliar
    lucyliar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi

i take dinner by 6.30 and have milk before bed time which is generally 11.30PM.
    in between carrot or cucumber or baked potato will be great snack.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    I think if you really have a hard time with it,you should try to stick to fruits or veggies and dip. They are always a great snack. :) And healthy.
  • petite_lar
    Options
    Hey guys, just to update you with my "no food" evenings... so far so good after thanks to this group... I made green tea yesterday and was sooo tempted to dip a choco biscuit in it but NOOOOO I managed to control myself :) I remembered this group :)
    Today, my younger brothers were chewing on haribos and my mum was munching on chocolate fingers whilst watching TV... it was 6:08 pm... usually, I would join the family and satisfy my sweet tooth ... but I shall not give in to the cravings :) YAY.
    MORE GREEN TEA FOR ME ^_^
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also eat too much in the evenings, usually out of boredom. I've taken up crochet. It keeps my brain and hands busy. I don't think about food. It's great when I realize a whole evening has gone by without any thoughts of eating. Getting into a really good book helps too!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I completely understand this! I feel like i am reading my own story! I can be so PERFECT all day long, planning, eating tracking, and have recently realised since seriously dedicating to tracking everything I put into my body, that even if I 'save' 200 calories for a nice high fiber cereal and some almond milk.....before I know it I am rationalizing eating pop tarts and things that I normally wouldn't even bat an eye at with 'planned workouts' (in addition to my quite rigorous workout schedual already) that never happen! Ughhh I frustrate myself sooooo much but I like the idea of a group who are all trying to obstain from any intake after 6pm, or dinner, whenever that may be. I love this group!