Anxious to Get Started

Options
44roy
44roy Posts: 4 Member
I am ever so anxious to get started as I am trying desparately to get in shape. Focus is going to be key for me and I think everyone else. Please post any pointers or motivating tips to make us all successful and I will do the same. Sometimes trying something different makes for great results. I love the idea of a short term goal as this and it's right in time for the Summer months when we all want to look and feel good. I wish us all success!

Replies

• skimom7
    skimom7 Posts: 70
    Options
    Welcome! We can do this! Have a great day tomorrow!
  • 44roy
    Options
    Thanks, I am so happy today! I lost 3 lbs at weigh in today from when I joined My Fitness Pal on Monday. I am hoping that I can continue on this path in hopes of reaching 15 lbs loss by memorial day.
  • 44roy
    Options
    I have and event this weekend. PLEASE someone give me some tips on staying focused with all the cakes and fried chicken I will be surrounded by. Desparately trying to stay focused but SCARED!!!!!!!!!
  • skimom7
    Options
    44roy - here are a couple of tips to consider -

1) Don't go to the event really hungry. Munch an apple on the way, drink some water etc.

2) When you do get ready to eat there, make sure you pile your plate with fruits and veggies and leave just a little room for those forbidden yummies!

I have a sister in law who has always been thin and I noticed that this is the way she always eats. She never deprives herself of anything but has the self control to allow herself a small serving or portion while mostly fillig her plate with salads, veggies and fruits.

Hope this can help. YOU CAN DO THIS! Keep your long term goal in sight and have fun.
  • skimom7
    Options
    44roy, how did it go at your Saturday event?
  • annaliciab
    annaliciab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and i'm very excited...I know that with others support I can do it and I'm hoping that I can be of support to others as well. Have a FAB day and GOOD LUCK to us all!!!!