Challenge for week of 3/12-3/18

is to burn over 500 cal per day for this week. I went to the gym on Saturday for the first time in years and I'm still sore. I was taken out of my comfort zone for sure. I burned more the 700cal in one hour.
Is anyone with me on this challenge?

Good luck to you all.

Replies

• amberntay20
    amberntay20 Posts: 28 Member
    I will join u too! I just gotta figure out how much calories I burn doing Jillian Micheal 30 day shred. (anyone know how to figure out calories burn during this workout dvd? ) so I figure out what else to do if I don't get to 500 calories.
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    I'm with you! It will be hard, but at least its suppose to be nice this week, so we can go on long walks (as long as I dont have all 5 kids :P although I suppose I burn alot of evergy running after those monkeys! And hopefully my hubby will get the trampoline up!

Anyways, about 30ds I have it..and I have one of those watches that does the calories burned, although I have a hard time figuring out how to use it again....For me it was usually around 200-250 calories
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    nice let's do it....
    I have a heart rate monitor and for me it's a little over 250 when I do the 30 day shred.
  • skimom7
    skimom7 Posts: 70
    WOW! You guys are ambitious! Wish I could join in on this one! I think I will need to scale it down since I just started exercising regularly last week.

Good Luck to you all! ;o)
  • skimom7
    is to burn over 500 cal per day for this week. I went to the gym on Saturday for the first time in years and I'm still sore. I was taken out of my comfort zone for sure. I burned more the 700cal in one hour.

Good luck to you all.

WOW Franzy - I was just noticing your weight ticker! You are already well over halfway to your goal!!!

That must feel sooooo good! Congratulations!
  • franzy

Good luck to you all.

WOW Franzy - I was just noticing your weight ticker! You are already well over halfway to your goal!!!

That must feel sooooo good! Congratulations!

Thank you It does feel really good, what feels even better is going to the doctor and finding out blood pressure is perfect and Cholesterol is perfect and doctor comparing weights from then until now. :smile:

I'm trying to get my son to join me on this journey....

We can all do it, it takes time and lots of effort but it's possible
  • kady11
    kady11 Posts: 82 Member
    I AM IN! I BURNED OVER 600 CALS WITH ONE HR STRENGHT AND ONE HR CARDIO JAM. YA BABY , BRING IT ON!
    TOMORROW I AM PLANING ON DOING 45 MIN ON THE ELLIPTICAL. THE FORECAST IS SORE FOR THIS WEEK. LOL!

WE CAN DO THIS YALL!
  • franzy
    512 calories burned today jogging and spinning. How did everyone do... Is everyone still with me on this challenge? :flowerforyou: Have a good night
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    I woke up sick yesterday (vomiting) so didn't work out yesterday :(
  • skimom7
    Sorry to hear you've been sick! Hope you are feeling better soon! ;o)
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    i agree feel better soon! let your body rest :-)

today i burned over 600 doing a mix of elliptical, lifting, ripped in 30 and callanetics :-) im not normally burning over 500 cals but thought id post since i did today!
  • photogmama
    photogmama Posts: 32 Member
    Walked 5 miles this am and need to do something else to add up to the 500, but I am in on this! :)