I am new

Options
Hi everyone, I am a new member/convert. Let me tell you a bit about myself. My name is Caron, I am married with 3 children. I live in London. I have been a weight watcher member for years and years, and even help out at my meetings. Initially I lost 3 stone, but then I lost my way a bit, and fell off the wagon big time, and gained 2 stone. I suppose I was on the plan too long, and got fed up with counting points.

I also have a friend with a very fast metabolism who boasted about the amount of weight she lost each week, compared to me who could only lose a half a pound a week. I have an underactive thyroid gland for which I am taking medication she just told me I wasn't following the plan properly, and I lost all incentive to lose weight. She should have really been encouraging me. So this time, I am not telling her anything. I dont want her to spoil it for me again.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Replies

• gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    Hi Caron

Welcome to MFP & good luck with your journey! :flowerforyou:
    If you want a friend (who is losing weight slowly & will not boast) feel free to add me.

Nat
  • taxi_drivers_wife
    Options
    Thanks Nat, I have added you as a friend
  • TransTina
    TransTina Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome!

Good luck on your journey
  • taxi_drivers_wife
    Options
    thank you transtina
  • springermad
    springermad Posts: 242
    Options
    Welcome, we will support you and not boast about our goals to put anyone down x
  • Vickyloo
    Vickyloo Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Caron,

I had a similar experience in Slimming World. Fab plan to begin with but I soon lost my way. Feel free to add me if you want another friend :)

Vicky x
  • taxi_drivers_wife
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your warm welcome
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is the place to meet new friends - I guess your Weight Watchers friend is an ex-friend now :o). Feel free to add me if you wish, always happy to befriend anyone who wants to add me.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome x
  • JulesKilvo
    JulesKilvo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome feel free to add me :-)
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome - I was also at WW but after the plan changed found it impossible to lose weight (and actually kept gaining weight) after being quite successful. Gave up WW about 2 months ago - have been on here nearly three weeks and find it really easy to use - have lost weight (!!) and it has encouraged me to up my exercise levels. I have sent you a friend request - I don't boast about my weight loss nor do I put anyone down because I know that we are all different and we all lose at different speeds and that we are all human!!, but I am happy to help along the way if you need it :-)