do not know what to do

TraciLee36
TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
Every time that I am in my house I want to eat. I am not hungry. I have been cleaning out drawers and throwing things away in my room that no longer fit and the minute I come back by my kitchen I open the frig or cabinets. I am good all week when I am working. I have been trying to get my hands busy but always want to come back. The worst part is I want what I can not have like bread, pasta and chocolate. It doesn't help that my daughter works at Noodles & Company and I have a frig full off the stuff. I have been good and have not had any but all this protein is not cutting it. I even had a protein shake in chocolate. so any suggestions? Oh and the scale has not moved in 4 weeks either:(

Replies

• mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    the scale not moving would make me want it even more, kinda like F it, nothing is working right now anyways....right??? I know how you feel, DONT do it, easier said then done.

What about just chewing it then spitting it out?? yeah wait your right, never mind, stupid suggestion.....sorry.

Trace i dont know, but I will send you hugs and moral support and a suggestion to just stay out of the kitchen the rest of the day....this too shall pass, drink some wter...

mary
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    my weight loss slowed dramatically after week 7. I lose a pound and gain it back. lose 2 pounds gain a pound back. I have the same problem, I catch myself wanting all the stuff I cannot have. The kitchen is like a magnet. My husband has started to bring home things I cannot have. He is not doing it on purpose but boy is it hard. I am thinking of going to see a therapist. I know I have issues with eating.
  • hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    the first few weeks after i did have the cravings of carbs and sugar. HOWEVER when i started this whole process my husband under stood that he couldnt bring bad food home. How i see it, It wouldnt hurt anyone to eat a little healthier. And i do the food shopping so i just stopped buying the bad things untill i stopped wanting them. If they arent around then i wouldnt concentrate on what i cant have but my house would be filled with things i could have. Positive reinforcement Mind over matter :) It is hard but i promise if you stay busy and dont always look at the clock the hunger will go away. My habit would be when i was watching tv or i was bored i would go try to find something to eat. Not anymore, i go on here or i get up and go clean something or go on a walk, something to make me get up and not think about food. after a while ( a month or so) it stopped. I no longer craved the bad food and the things i knew my husband liked that i didnt want anymore i could buy again for him cuz i knew that i wouldnt want them. i hope this helps....... :) keep up the good work i promise it will pass. :)
  • freakingenius
    freakingenius Posts: 40 Member
    Sounds like you might have hit a plateau? Have you measured yourself to see if you are losing inches?

I would 2nd the suggestion of seeing a therapist. Honestly that was one of the toughest but most rewarding parts of my journey. They can help you figure out why you are wanting to eat, and resolve those issues.

Find a hobby... take a walk... go to the gym... call a friend... find a new motivator... post motivating pictures all over your fridge... remind yourself that you are worth the effort and a new life awaits you on the other side!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    So you admit you aren't actually hungry right.
    Well then sit down grab a glass of water, and start writting in a journal.
    What are you feeling right now..and dig deep because it isn't hungry. Until we start getting in touch with what is really driving us to eat the band is a tool...and it helps but you still have to fix the head. So write have a conversation with yourself on paper and be brutally honest. Are you pissed off at someone? Are you worried? Are you anxious and fearful? Of what?
    I know sometimes it is difficult to do this...we aren't used to facing and dealing with emotions, we usually eat them.
    But if you went through the effort of having wls..then you can keep on making the effort to really dig deep and find out the real cause of your "hunger".
  • Every time that I am in my house I want to eat. I am not hungry. I have been cleaning out drawers and throwing things away in my room that no longer fit and the minute I come back by my kitchen I open the frig or cabinets. I am good all week when I am working. I have been trying to get my hands busy but always want to come back. The worst part is I want what I can not have like bread, pasta and chocolate. It doesn't help that my daughter works at Noodles & Company and I have a frig full off the stuff. I have been good and have not had any but all this protein is not cutting it. I even had a protein shake in chocolate. so any suggestions? Oh and the scale has not moved in 4 weeks either:(

If i have a craving for more than a day or so, I indulge. Not a whole lot, but just enough to get that craving out of my system.
  • TraciLee36
    TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
    Thank yo everyone. I did start writing in my journal again and I took my measurement. Even though the scale doesn't move I did loose alot of inched. I am trying to get up and go for a walk outside too it is helping I see the surgeon on Monday and we will se what he has to say. Thank you again