Anyone for P90X for Lent/Easter

Options
TnVeggie
TnVeggie Posts: 24 Member
After failing to keep on P90X after starting mid-January (due to a move, a vacation, excuses, excuses), my fiance and I have decided P90X would make an interesting Lenten discipline, but, of course, that only takes us through Day 46 or so, so add on Easter season and viola, that's 90 days (with some wiggle room due to the Sundays in Lent)! Anyone want to join? We're starting tomorrow, because we all know P90X on a fasting day would not be a good plan!
I just started a group (of one)...join if you wish!

Replies

• Timarling
    Options
    Well...I'll just keep at it. On week 8 right now, but if you need motivation we'll always be here!
  • jdthurm
    jdthurm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Combo of a cold and a business trip has me restarting week two so we're pretty aligned. How are you feeling after the first few days?
  • jdthurm
    Options
    Finished week 2 yesterday - rest tonight and then on to week three. I've lost 3.5 lbs so far so that's looking pretty good. Week 2 was definitely better than week 1. How are others doing? Are you still pushing play?
  • TnVeggie
    TnVeggie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    play button's getting dusty...jumping back tomorrow
  • jdthurm
    Options
    Completed week three of shoulders and back plus ab ripper. Seeing some good improvements on push-ups.
  • hamiltondude
    Options
    I'm a little late to the game, but count me in! I need to get back to Keep Pressing Play mode. I have found that if I don't get up at 4:30am to do it before work, it usually won't happen. Life seems to get in the way. I am married and have 2 adult kids and 1 in high school. Add home up keep and yard work to the list and it gets crazy.
  • Gamergl
    Gamergl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the game, but count me in! I need to get back to Keep Pressing Play mode. I have found that if I don't get up at 4:30am to do it before work, it usually won't happen. Life seems to get in the way. I am married and have 2 adult kids and 1 in high school. Add home up keep and yard work to the list and it gets crazy.

Definitely hear you there - if it doesn't happen early am, it doesn't happen at all!!! Been sleeping in my w/o clothes to try and make getting up easier.... although some nights (like tonight when it's 2:30am and I'm up) I get insomnia and can't sleep until 4 when I completely crash, so it makes waking up at 5 really tough..... ugh :(
  • jdthurm
    Options
    Finished week three yesterday. Had lost four pounds but gained one back during a business trip (Tony would have said "onion rings - BAD") but I ate them anyway. A pound a week isn't so bad. Definitely seeing a strength increase in week three. I'm blowing away my push-up / pull-up numbers from week one and I've found I'm also bumping up the weights here and there. Now that I'm finding a rhythm, he changes the order. I have to trust this muscle confusion will make sense at the end. Hamiltondude and weezafran, are you still pushing play?
  • jdthurm
    Options
    I have enjoyed being able to through a couple of DVD's and resistance bands in my suitcase to get some sessions done when I travel. The day I get back from the business trip is when I tend to miss a day.