How many calories should I include in my diary?

Options
ThisisMiss
ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
Hi mamas! I am an exclusive pumper and have been since leaving the hospital with my DD 11 months ago. I had a great oversupply and used it to donate to a couple of babies in need. The last was twins, but they moved away. Now I am just stocking up for my DD for when I start to wean her. I am pumping only three times a day (getting roughly 27oz a day) so I'm not sure how many calories I should add in my diary. It's been set at 300, but now I think it's time to lower it to 200 or even lower... Suggestions?

Replies

• JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew how to help!!! I gradually went from 500 to 200.. some days I do more and some less... I wouldn't cut down to 200 all or a sudden.. try a gradual process.

that's just me though
  • kemiley
    kemiley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I stopped adding calories for BFing. I found that I was gaining with the recommended amount of calories. I went with what it recommended for me to lose weight. Now on a daily basis, I enter in the ounces I think she's getting (no pumping here anymore, thankfully), and it subtracts from the calories (like the exercises do). Since I started doing this, I've started losing (yay!!). I think the entry I use shows -20 calories for 4oz... so for 27 oz that would be an extra 160 calories to add on to your allowance for the day.