Do you let your dog/s sleep on the bed?

Options

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Do I let them? Sometimes...

Do they sleep on the bed (and under the covers) regardless? Yes...
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    no. i think it would drive my husband crazy. and our bed is way to high for the little mini poodle to jump on top. but mozart is the first dog allowed anywhere in the house at any time. he has his own space on the couch, which used to be my space and now i have to move around him. i also think its funny how i can catch my husband petting him, and letting him rest on his feet. lol. aye hubby he tries to pretend that the dog isnt cute...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We have three dogs.
    Sometimes we let the tiny Yorkie in the bed. Maybe once a month.
    The other two larger terriers have gotten up in the middle of the night and wet the corner of the room(so they can't do it anymore).
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Our English Bulldog and both of our cats sleep with us. I am sandwiched in between a cat and the of, and my husband is also, and we wouldn't have it any other way!
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    At one time we had 4 dogs...the Aussie slept on my pillow, the Dalmatian slept between me & my husband, the Hound mix slept between my legs and the Golden slept on my side of the bed...he would get too hot & get down on his bed during the night. How does anyone get any sleep without a snuggle buddy? We lost the Aussie and the Dal, but we have a Australian Cattle dog puppy now that loves to cuddle. Sometimes my cats even join in and sleep on my pillow now...good thing we have a King sized bed :)
  • pamh35
    Options
    yep-one sleeps under the covers "spooning" me, one up against my back and the 3rd either at the foot of the bed or on "his" pillow on the floor. His choice. It's crowded even tho they are all under 20lbs but I wouildn't change a thing! One of my cats sometimes joins us too. I really need to get a king size bed but can't fit it in the bedroom LOL!!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my 2 join me on the bed during the day for a nap. I have a toy poo who can "leap tall buildings at a single bound." At night, they go to their own crates to sleep.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My Little Lhasa Apso sleeps with me every night. It is her Bed lol she guards the bed and won't let the cats on it! My German Shepherd still prefers his crate, I don't think he will ever sleep anywhere else.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I used to always have my dog in bed, but our two jackies are just too wriggly and daft, so they sleep in their own beds downstairs. They do tend to come up in the mornings and have a little cuddle, though.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    my 2 dogs do, much to my husband's dismay. he doesn't really mind, he just wishes it wasn't every night. i do a lot of kicking of my legs, so Kirby (6 yr old boxer mix boy) would actually be much safer in his own bed in our room. but, he loves his mommy. :). Ziggy (my 3 yr old beagle mix) moves around a lot, so after about 15 minutes, my husband says "bedtime" and she goes to her own crate. She really is happiest there.
    However, i would be happy if she would sleep by my right side, so that i have someone to lean against. LOL
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My dogs love their crates too much lol - they are in the bedroom next to us though. Anywhere from 2130 onwards the girls (especially) are sat at the bottom of the stairs waiting to go up lol!!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    No way. He's an English Mastiff. He would take up the whole bed. He does climb into bed with our son, though. They fit quite nicely in there. Our other dog gets crated b/c she is a chewer & not completely potty trained.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    When I had a dog...

I used to let him sleep on the bed but had to put a stop to it in the end as we really didnt anticipate just how large he would grow...from an abandoned fluffy pup to a mini horse. Vet reckoned he was Irish wolfhound/german shepherd cross. Big boy
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    We usually have 3 cats on the bed and the other cat and dog on the floor. Mya (dog) would be a bed hog I'm sure, lol
  • healthgal43
    Options
    i have a toy fox terrier and she loves to snuggle under blankets and my bed sheets. now if i had a big dog, no way they would have their own personal bed because i am a blanket and bed hogger. i love and need to have my own space to move
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yessss. We do.. And we have some stairs that they go up and down on, to get on the bed. Our snuggle muffins... Hyedee and LuLu the Pom-Kids. :wink:
  • Kirsty7Fraser
    Kirsty7Fraser Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I wake up every morning with a staffie lying across my legs, a cat on my pillow and a 3 year old daughter face hugging me. Wouldn't have it any other way :happy:
  • Etiqueta
    Etiqueta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I try not to! She's 14 and leaks. >.>
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend sent me this picture when I was at the grocery store. Apprently they tucked themselves in like this...

404831_3156015579887_1250146468_33365412_983118283_n.jpg
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend sent me this picture when I was at the grocery store. Apprently they tucked themselves in like this...

404831_3156015579887_1250146468_33365412_983118283_n.jpg

Too cute!