Best non-stimulant pre-workout formulations

Options
MuscleBear
MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
Howdy - been using SuperPump 250 with good results, except that the high caffeine/stimulant content is keeping me awake at night. Any recommendations on non-stimulant pre-workout drinks would be appreciated. Thx!

Replies

• MuscleBear
    MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Headed to the Vitamin Shoppe this PM to get some Cytosport Fast Twitch, which supposedly comes in a caffeine-free formula, and while there, I found this new product line called "True Athlete". It's custom made for The Vitamin Shoppe, and is NSF certified to be "free of banned substances, unlisted ingredients and harmful impurities." including caffeine.

The "Training Formula" comes in a small jar and is packed full (unlike the popular brands where you buy a big honkin container and open it up at home to find it half full). It's got creatine, arginine, beta alanine, ginseng/astragalus, and stevia for sweetener...and nothing else! All the stuff you want, and none of the crappy junk you don't want, or need.

I bought it and tried it out today and it's great - wont give you the rush/stim/speed pump of caffeine, guarana, etc. but also won't keep you up all night either.

About $30 for a 9.2 oz container = 30 servings of 3g creatine, 3g arginine,1500 mg beta alanine.

Check it out:

http://www.true-athlete.com/product-trainingformula.html
  • AnthonyBarbaria
    Options
    Right on, I tend to like the caffiene personally for my intensity during the day - although maybe I should have one w/o for later lifting. I know that "Expand" has a CF version too at Lindberg..
  • dmham86
    dmham86 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation. I, too, prefer to have the caffeine in my pre-workout, but like the idea of only getting what you want and no filler. I have a few friends that don't drink caffeine so I might make the recommendation to them.