Frustrated with doc

Options
Letty_c
Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
He wont tell me whether he thinks I have pcos or not I have insulin resistance and have black patches on my neck
I grow hair everywhere yeah and the excess skin flap in my armpits didn't even know that was included
my testosterone levels are .1% less then the excess line..... my blood sugar .1 % less than at risk for diabetes
I gained weight like crazy the last two years bad acne oily skin dandruff.... changed birthcontrol and haven't had a period in 6 months...... I hope I'm not getting male pattern baldness although I have been losing more hair then usual in the shower and when brushing......

My friend has pcos and she has none of the syptoms!!!!! so why would I have like all of them........ I just want my doctor to give me answers and I'm seriously thinking of going to a knew one!!!!

There's my annoyed long story

Replies

• starrynigh8
    starrynigh8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting another opinion. A lot of people on here will recommend seeing an endocrinologist, but it's not necessary if you have a good OBGYN who is well versed with PCOS. Have a blood test, glucose test, and ultrasound done...those combined things will help with a diagnosis of PCOS. If doctors aren't familiar with things, such as PCOS, then they give wishy-washy answers and you'll leave more upset than when you arrived. Find someone who will listen to your concerns and answer your questions accordingly.