Welcom poliwog25

Options
Punkicoleman
Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
It is good to see the group growing. We all need all of the help we can get.

Please share your story and jump in to the discussions.

Wishing you the best, Punki

Replies

• poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I started a week ago, and am doing well with my calories and exercise, but I have yet to lose anything. I suppose it is a bit early, and I will keep it up, but it sure is harder to lose weight at 60 than it was at 30! I want to lose about 40 lbs, hopefully by the end of the year, and at least 20 by August. We will see. Thanks for all of the encouragement, and good luck to all of you too.
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about whether or not it is harder to lose weight now than in my thirties and just out of curiousity dug out my old Weight Watcher cards. It was interesting to see that in 1978 it took me 8 weeks to lose 16 pounds. In the past 8 weeks, I have lost 17 pounds.

The biggest difference is that now I have to plan my daily exercise. In 1978 I had an active 3-year old and an total whirlwind of a 2-year old, so just taking care of, keeping up with, and cleaning up after, them was enough exercise. We swam, walked, and played in the park,constantly, in addition to the fact that I was cooking a lot more, doing tons of laundry, yard work, and work fixing up our 100 year-old house.

I think the real difference is that we slow down when we are older. If we pump up our activity level, it is just as easy to lose now as it was when we were younger and just naturally more active.

The most important thing to remember is that "We Can Do This!"