Week 8 -C25K

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hello running pals:smile:

I did it. If you read my last post I was questioning whether I could say I completed the program without walk/run the 3 miles. I started the program with focus on time and not distance. So this morning I walk/ran the 3.0 miles in 48 minutes. I had a 5 minutes brisk walk at 3.0 and ran 20 minutes at 3.5 and 23 minutes at 4.0. It was a great workout and I felt great when done.

I know my running time of 43 minutes exceeded the requirement for Week 8 - Day 1.... but I had to make it to the finish line.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Come join me in the 20 mile challenge this week.

Replies

• lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Awesome news Taylor

and I too have some good news to share - i had been training on the treadmill over the last few weeks - completed my first 5K run last week
    So wanted to see today, if i can run in the real world
    happy to report i completed about 6KM (including warm up, cool down - about total of 5 minutes) in 50 minutes
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    PS I am game for the 20 mile challenge, does walking count :)
  • taylor0204
    Options
    This is great news. I am sure you felt good when you finished because you can see the training does help. Keep going strong:flowerforyou:

The group is called Mile Challenge and walking counts. Looking forward to seeing you there. I did the 15 milies challenge for 4 weeks and this is my first week at 20.
  • tinattinat
    tinattinat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job, you two! I finished C25K last November and I felt such a sense of accomplishment! You should be very proud!
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Thank you.
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Week 8 - day 2 run - well what can I say except I am beginning to feel like a runner again:smile:

I completed 2 miles in 30 minutes. I ran 25 minutes at 4.0 mph and 6 minutes at 3.5.

Wishing everyone continued running success.