weights...

Options
misslyssa319
misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
so this go round i decided to up my weights from 3lbs for light and 5lbs for heavy to 5lbs for light and 8lbs for heavy. and after 1 day i can feel the difference. i love the feel of the muscles straining to lift the heavier weight and the throbbing in my bicep when i squeeze out just one more set. and the jello arms the next day let me know i'm working my hardest. how do you feel about weights and what size are you using? :bigsmile:

Replies

• lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing. 5 lbs are my "light" weights and 8 lbs are my "heavy" weights. I can definitely tell the difference. It is a great feeling but it definitely burns at times!
  • nutsy33
    nutsy33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On this 2nd round, I bought 10lb weights because I wasn't feeling fatigued. I also use 8lbs as light and 5lbs on some shoulder exercises. I can feel it in my biceps this morning. Keep up the great work!:happy:
  • mamakate3
    mamakate3 Posts: 28
    Options
    Nice job everyone on upping their weights!!

I'm with Tracy - 10 lb weights for biceps and shoulders, 5 lbs for the front shoulder. I dont have any in-between weights right now, just 5's, 10's and 15's (my hubby uses those, I'm not there yet!!) 8 pounders are definitely needed and I'm thinking 12's as well. I remember saying in the middle of the first round that I really needed 8 lb weights because I just couldn't do it with the 10's. Its amazing how quickly progress is made with these workouts!
  • jpowers70
    jpowers70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Last challenge 3# was my light and 5# my heavy, and with this challenge I moved up to 5# for light and 8# for heavy...except I haven't fully transitioned over. I've only gotten through one full workout with the 8#ers. It feels great to be making progress!
  • skinnydiva73
    skinnydiva73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On my "stronger" feeling days I use 8 lbs for light and 10lbs for my heavy weights. Lately I haven't been feeling that strong so I use 5's and 8's. I'm with you ... love the feeling of the burn!
  • barb1221
    barb1221 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love using weights. I use 8# and 10# If I don't feel fatigued at the end of the workout, I'll do more reps, usually tricep kickbacks, or biceps until I can barely lift anymore. Thinking of bumping to 12#.
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    nice going gang! i'm thinking for my birthday i'll complete my set and get 10s and 12s. i know some of the upper body floor moves i could do with heavier weights. i don't know all the names because i mute the tv and listen to music instead but my fave is where you have arms and legs out straight while holding weights then bring arms and legs together at your abs. i was doing that before i started the 10lb workouts and always loved the buns, abs and arms burn it gives. i'm really really trying to not end up with 6 inches of hanging bat wings so i do upper everyday. the muscles are looking good and the skin is shrinking right along so far!
  • LynneWyre
    LynneWyre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started with 5's and 8's but have been encouraged by everyone, especially Barb, and I am now using 8's and 10's!
    Got through today's workout using 10's all the way through (of course it was core and total so not as much lifting).
    I can definitely tell the difference!