0 lbs lost...

I am only a few days in to using mfp, and so far I love it. I just hate that fitness is always equated with losing weight. I do not need to lose weight, I want to gain muscle, and therefore must gain weight.

In the app I can set my goal to gain 1lb/week, but the rest of the app really doesn't reflect that. If I go over my calorie limit (a good thing!) it's in red and has a negative sign. Things like that just make it harder to work with, and would it be so hard to make a "badge" with lbs gained instead of lost? Have any of you made suggestions to the site administrators or anything about new features for people like us?

Replies

• LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Yeah, it's been suggested quite a few times in the "Website Suggestions/Feedback" thread in the main forums. A lot of us are waiting for it... *sigh*
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    I know what you mean - but I just use the green numbers as bad, and the red minus numbers as good (within reason obv)

Regarding the ticker - I know what you mean - and announcing when you have eaten under your daily calorie limit and people congratulate you...
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Good news. Today, a moderator replied to the a previous ticker thread here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/504667-fix-ticker-to-show-gained-weight?page=1#posts-7338377
  • dmham86
    dmham86 Posts: 3
    Cool! I'll keep an eye on that post.

While we're talking about lack of support for weight gainers, I noticed that there is no calorie count for non-cardio exercises. Obviously the amount of calories burned would completely depend on your size and could not be even remotely estimated as well as cardio. I figure I can just keep track of my workout and make my own estimate of calories burned to put in manually. Do any of you have any tips on how to estimate? A friend of mine suggested getting a heart-rate monitor and basing it off of that. Any thoughts?