Where are you....

Options
bar403
bar403 Posts: 28 Member
in your 4HB/SCD journey? What have you learned? What does/doesn't work for you? Have you made changes to your plan (included exercise? cut back on exercise? taking supplements? increased or decreased how strict you are? etc.)

Thought I'd try to wake this group up a bit :)

Replies

• bar403
    bar403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am only in the middle of my second week. I lost 3.6 lbs when I weighed myself on Saturday morning....and then I weighed myself on Sunday morning (why oh why?!?) and I had gained 3 lbs from cheat day. I sneaked a peek today and I'm down a little but still haven't lost all the cheat day weight. Hope to lose it by Thursday. I did read the entire thread (both 20 page threads actually) so I know that when you lose the cheat day weight varies.

Anyways, so far I've been pretty strict with what I'm eating. I don't feel like I'm being strict though. I love veggies, legumes and meat (beef, chicken, pork) so I've been pretty happy with my food choices. Also, for someone who is addicted to sweets and bread - I am just amazed by how I'm NOT craving any of that stuff. And how easy it is for me that it can be on the table and I don't want to stuff my face with it! Don't get me wrong - I fully enjoyed my cheat day. But I'm so glad that this has been easy peasy to far. I can totally see this becoming a lifestyle for me.

I have not been exercising but thats just because I've gotten lazy. I have an elliptical and wii/xbox games I can use in the basement...and I plan on starting that back up again this week - alternating between zumba and the elliptical.

The hardest thing I'm finding trouble with for me is getting my breakfast in within 30 minutes of waking up. I am not a morning person and I'm already waking up so early to get myself and my kids ready and out the door that I usually don't have time to eat until I get to work. I'm getting in my 30g of protein but I know I need to work on eating earlier.
  • luviedovie
    Options
    i'm mid-week 8 i've lost 16 lbs so far and about 10inches from thighs, arms, hips, and waist. for two weeks i plateaued i think due to not drinking enough water and possibly not eating enough. overall, i really don't mind the lifestyle. i have worked out exactly 2 times (exercise video) and i'm using the supplements (pagg). the only thing thats annoying is making sure i have food at school because usually its hard to find a slow carb alternative (the salad bar at our school is pretty small). I've also been surprised at how i havent been craving carbs but i do crave sweet after a meal. so i usually have tea or something. my cheat days havent been that epic so usually i end up still weighing in -0.5lb after a cheat day.
    i love breakfast, i have the routine down to like 7 min.
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    please share your 7 min breakfast! that was the hardest part for me.
    I am going to restart 4HB tomorrow, after about 11 months of NOT doing it.
  • Flynnwd
    Flynnwd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Week 5, and so far I've lost 11 pounds. It's a little slower than I'd thought it would be, but it's consistent fat loss and I don't get hungry as I build my 4HB. One week, I hung on to my Cheat Day increase for almost five days before the weight started dropping off again, and I almost lost confidence and gave up. Once I finally saw the weight drop, though, I realized that it's just a part of how things work and have been much more confident in the process. It's not an instant fix, but I'm on my way to losing 100 pounds, slow and steady.

With Regards,
    Flynn
  • luviedovie
    Options
    7 minute breakfast:
    Turn on stove to boil water for my tea.
    Crack two eggs into bowl. Add a bunch of spinach or sometimes mushrooms or green peppers. Microwave 3 min.
    Add cottage cheese or salsa or avocado. I sometimes add pesto to the cottage cheese or hummus to switch it up.

I pretty much do this every morning even cheat days, except weekends I have time for bacon and a pan rather than the microwave. :)
  • Veggilicious
    Options
    I just started SCD/4HB this past Monday, the 3/12/2012. I am eating 4 meals and each conatin protein, beans, veggies. I was worried about the amount of calories, but I put them in MFP yesterday and it was only 1400 something. I am 5'9" and weigh around 205. I need to take my measurements for my "before" profile. I did go to Walgreens which does body composition, although they do it wil a scale (not recomended by 4HB) but it was cheap! So I have a starting body fat %, visceral fat %, and muscle/skeleton % to start. I have always had an issue of really wanting something I couldn't/shouldn't eat, but now just say "I'll have that Saturday". I'm glad there is a group here!:smile:
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the 7 min breakfast details! I am officially on day 5 of week 2 (but didnt follow as strictly the first week) i am doing pretty good this week, but havent been making time for breakfast, which i know,according to the book is really important. I have just gotten into the habit of waking up early enough to just make it to the gym. Thats my next goal for week 3...breakfast.
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    just finished week one of 4HB. i am down 3 lbs and an inch off my hips and half inch off my waist! i like it so far! hope to continue the weight loss like this! have a vegas trip to be sexy for in three weeks!
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just had my first cheat day yesterday, so starting week 2. I didn't weigh until the day prior to the cheat, so not sure where I started when I officially began 4HB on Tuesday last week. I'm taking PAGG, and I've always been an exerciser (weightlifter) so am trying to do less of that and a variety of things that are just fun, like playing dance games on Kinect, taking classes at the gym, and mixing it up a bit more.

The food is great. I'm averaging 1500-1600 calories on non cheat days, but I suspect that's a bit too high. Time will tell, I suppose.