Show us your shoes!

Options
GMC_81
GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
Lets post a pic of our running shoes, a little info about them and what we like/dislike about them.

Replies

• GMC_81
    Options
    10i86tv.jpg

Nike Dart 9
    £20 actually from the children's running section.
    I love the design, the bright safe looking colours are a great idea.
    The cushioning is lovely for the price and the heel bit up the back is a great height for me.

These are not my ideal shoes, I prefer the Asics Gels, but they're out of my price range at the present. When I did 5km's a few years ago that's what I used to wear and I loved them.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    picture

I'm running in these: Brooks Ghost 4

The local running shop put me in several different pairs and of the ones I tried these were by far the most comfortable. I don't like really stiff heels and these are nice and soft. Also they are pretty light. The right one fits better than the left, but my feet are getting used to them now. I did not like the price ($100) but running is a pretty cheap sport and I want to stay injury free, so worth the investment in myself I think.
  • GMC_81
    Options
    I like those, the colours are cool too.
    Hope they help keep you injury free :)
  • savingmomof2boys
    savingmomof2boys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also running in the Brooks Ghost 4. Love those shoes! I was running in a pair of Nike Lunarglide 2 but the caused me shin splits. I got my Brooks over the weekend and have only ran in them twice but I am already noticing a big difference.
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i have Nike Vomero 6
    never in my life have i been able to take my shoes out of the box, run and not have blisters, sore spots etc. best shoes i have ever owned!

103019910196059848_KC8veFuB_c.jpg
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    I am also running in the Brooks Ghost 4. Love those shoes! I was running in a pair of Nike Lunarglide 2 but the caused me shin splits. I got my Brooks over the weekend and have only ran in them twice but I am already noticing a big difference.

Did you get the same color I did? I didn't even know they come in other colors until I got home. I'd probably have chosen these anyway, but I also love the poison green ones.
  • savingmomof2boys
    savingmomof2boys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did you get the same color I did? I didn't even know they come in other colors until I got home. I'd probably have chosen these anyway, but I also love the poison green ones.

I did get that same color. I didn't know they came in other colors either.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to post a picture, but my shoes are the Brooks Defyance 4.
    They were a bit pricey but they totally eliminated my shin splint problems. Love them !
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i have Nike Vomero 6
    never in my life have i been able to take my shoes out of the box, run and not have blisters, sore spots etc. best shoes i have ever owned!
    Glad to hear this...Mine should get here tomorrow :)
  • lotte24601
    lotte24601 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the Brooks Addiction 10

BAD10W1-fv.jpg

They're wider than anything else I tried on, so the edge of the arch doesn't rub the bottom of my foot and give me blisters (which I hate), and the support is wonderful. I don't love the crazy girly color scheme (the little vine/flower thing on the silver lines makes me cranky), but a little mud should clear that right on up.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I got these for running/gym work....nike Span 7

690zr7.jpg

I'll be honest, I got these because they were on sale and in my size...with size 12 (uk) feet you often have to take what's in stock rather than what you like. Luckily I liked the look and comfort so it was a win!
    Very comfortable but not the lightest - not been to get a gait analysis done yet but will really need to do that soon as I've challenged my son to a half marathon in September - he does the half marathon & I do the 10k
  • endowd
    endowd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Liking my Saucony Triumph 9's: http://www.saucony.com/commonimages/saucony/490px/10137-3_1_490x300.jpg

I have a wide toe area but a narrow heel. These fit better than the other 5 pair that I tried. The price, well, $130 was rather steep, but the pricetag motivates me to to get some real use out of them. I hope to replace them before the end of the year because of wear!
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    Brooks pureconnect. I LOVE how light they feel yet are zoo comfortable. Best running shoe Ive ever owned. I wish it came in other colors, i think of 7up every time i look at my sneakers. lol

Pure-Connect-4.jpg
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I love my shoes. I have a picture in amongst my profile photos.
    Of equal importance are my socks - Injiji toe socks, which I really, really love.
    The properly gaited and fitted shoes made my running more effortless, but the toe socks made it less painful and more enjoyable!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the Brooks Glycerin 9. After tax they were $140. I about had a heart attack at the price, but it has been worth every cent. Before I got them I had a lot of heel pain (I liked cheap, whatever was on sale shoes.) When I went to a runner's shoe shop they had me try on several different types of shoes and the Brooks felt the most comfortable.
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I just got my first pair of proper running shoes and I'm so pleased. The brand is Saucony Powergrid Triumph 9, which is for neutral runners. They were pricier than I'd planned, but out of all the pairs I tried, they felt just right.

sbK13.jpg

The colours are crazy, but I love them still :-P
  • brulaaaa
    brulaaaa Posts: 5
    Options
    Love my Vibram FiveFingers!
    w355-hero_2.jpg
  • sixfootaliw
    Options
    I have Nike Lunarglide in a very fetching grey and lime green! Hideous but they were the ones that fit me best!
    Ali
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    asics_gel_torana_5_running_shoes.jpg

I got these at a great price, I don't know if I'm allowed to say where as I know they don't like advertising on here!! They are the Asics Gel Tourana 5's all terrains. I mostly run on tarmac but do sometimes go up to the local sports field and run there. Bit bright, but lots of reflective stuff so the maniac car drivers near me can see me in plenty of time :)

They were in a 24hr sale and picked them up for £30 :) got some free 'more miles' socks too!! They have made running so much better and virtually eliminated shin splints!
  • fourluvbugs
    Options
    Oooo, cool kicks Andy! I like 'em bright!