New to Group !

Options
Hey everyone ! Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the group. I am Dottie, I am 44 & I am Fabulous !! I recently started my quest to lose weight this week and being a woman over 40 I noticed it has gotten alot harder to lose weight. Thank you hormones !

I would love to meet some other gals who are supportive & encouraging. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. by my 45th birthday !

8081604.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am 46 yr old mother of 3. I have been into running and health in fitness for 15 yrs, but do to job change and some other stuff fell off the wagon for 2 yrs. My New Years resolution was to get going again. I have lost 10lbs (my ticker on here reflects 3 cause I lost 7 before I joined this site) feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Dot2Dottie
    Options
    I am 46 yr old mother of 3. I have been into running and health in fitness for 15 yrs, but do to job change and some other stuff fell off the wagon for 2 yrs. My New Years resolution was to get going again. I have lost 10lbs (my ticker on here reflects 3 cause I lost 7 before I joined this site) feel free to add me as a friend.

Another Fabulous gal !! I would love to get into running one day, another goal to set for myself ! Good job on losing the 10 lbs !! I will add you as friend :flowerforyou:
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Dot and welcome to the fight against aging! I'll be 50 in about 3 wks (gasp!) and have lost 10 lbs of the pounds I put on over the last several months, some before I joined MFP. I belong to a gym and love to cook, try to stay on the healthy side of that as much as possible.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well.
  • Pseattlegirl
    Options
    Hi Dottie and every one! I am new to MFP too! I started about a week ago....and basically I've been giving MFP a test drive. I just turned 40 (or 31 in my mind and it's what I tell my kids too) last October and let me tell you the weight doesn't fall off as so easy anymore. It's the subtle changes....

I have 2 boys ages 6 and 9 and I work part-time...swing shift which means I come home after 10 pm and for some reason, even though I'm not...I'M STARVING!!!!

It's hard for me to get to the gym, basically because I talk myself out of it.

Please feel free to add me as a friend...I think we need all the support we can get.
  • Annie52001
    Annie52001 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Ladies - New to the site. I've lost 1 lb already. I must say - tracking all your food makes you think twice. My issue was that I never ate enough. Metabolism isn't help nor Peri-menopuase. I think medication has also contributed to my gaining a few extra pounds. I would love to lose 20 lbs. Here's looking at US ladies .. 40 and fabulous ... always! Annie:flowerforyou:
  • OdysseyEpiphany
    Options
    Hi Dot,
    I am new to the site also. I am 45 now, hoping to lose between 20 and 30 by the end of the year. It's nice to meet you. This seems to be a great place for motivation, friendship and advice :-)
  • js25698
    js25698 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dottie!
  • jenlerose
    jenlerose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone! I've been using MFP for around 10 weeks, but have just been using the APP. It didn't click with me that there would be this wonderful community out there to support my fitness goals online. So far I have lost 8 kg.
    I am getting fitter and happier by the day!
  • non4lmt
    non4lmt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi 40's -

I am new to the group. I am tired of all the failures I have had in weight loss plans.

I can use all the help of support.

God bless you all.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 48 and have started my healthier journey in 2010. I lost 30 lbs through WW online and got tired of paying a monthly fee to watch 5-8 lbs see-saw on and off. I still have been tracking my food and am now using MFP.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Nice to find some Fab 40's! So far I'm loving 40, will be 41 in June. Single mom in MA to 2 young girls. Finding "me" time is my biggest challenge, but so far I seem to be managing ok!
  • cavoyer66
    cavoyer66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Morning to all - new to group and back using MFP, wow weight loss in 40s is soooo much harder. Married mom of 2 teenage boys,
    45 (soon to be 46) and need to rid myself of 15 lbs.
    want to feel healthy again!
  • sjdaubs
    sjdaubs Posts: 7
    Options
    I am also new to the group & MFP. My name is Sandi. I am 43 & single parent of two kids ages 11 & 13. My 11 yr old girl was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in Aug 2009. I was completely stressed out & packed on the pounds! I live in IA & recently went on a girls trip to Pheonix with ladies I have been friends with for over 25 yrs. After seeing photos of myself in a tankini, I realized it's time to get the pounds off! One of my friends on the trip has gone from a size 12 to a 2 in about a year & a half. She started with counting calories & exercise. She still exercises & watches her calories, but isn't as strict as she used to be. She looks fabulous & has inspired me to do something about my weight too. My goal is to lose 30-35 lbs in a year.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hi to everyone in this thread, too!
  • Flygirl214
    Flygirl214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I actually joined this group in December, but have never posted or anything. I'm Angela.. 43.. and in my second week of P90X. I am rehabbing a torn acl and a separated shoulder. I am doing great on it so far although I have to modify some of my workouts to accommodate.

I was a personal trainer for a long time and am soon to be a Beachbody Coach because I have a real passion for fitness and helping others, but I'm not here advertising. Just letting you know my background and present.

I decided to focus my spare time on fitness after being laid off from my former position as an office manager. I am loving reconnecting with it and with myself. I think we often forget the need to take care of ourselves when we have kids, jobs, and spouses.

I have a new husband and between us, we have 6 daughters between the ages of 8 and 23. We also have 3 grandkids between the ages of 8 months and 7 years. As you can see, kids and grandkids alone can keep us from ourselves, but a couple weeks ago, my uncle died and it made me think about the fact that I want to be here and healthy for my family, so I commited that I would begin working out after his memorial service.

I started P90X on 5/7, 2 days after the service. I have changed my diet, my attitude and begun to change my body. I have lost 3 of 45 pounds that I need to lose. I am seeking friends and support for this journey, so friend me if you like~
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Dot and everyone. I 47 and a single Mom of 3 though only one is still at home. I joined MFP about a month ago and it really helps me track and be conscious of my eating habits -- the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I'm currently training to run a 5k and am also in the C25k group. I also enjoy Bikram Yoga and biking. My goal is to move my body everyday and to adopt a more plant-based eating lifestyle. I hate to cook and I love sweets.
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Morning to all - new to group and back using MFP, wow weight loss in 40s is soooo much harder. Married mom of 2 teenage boys,
    45 (soon to be 46) and need to rid myself of 15 lbs.
    want to feel healthy again!

What happened to those days when I was in my 20's and 30's when i could cut out soda and lose 3 pounds a week? On the backside of 40 I am exercising my butt off for a weekly weight loss of 0.5 pounds... so frustrating! I want my originally issued equipment back in it's original working order!!!
  • LuvCherripye
    LuvCherripye Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! :smile:
    Just turned 44 yrs. young this May! :tongue: and I'm looking forward to great topics, making new friends and supporting on this journey! :happy: