Looking for support!

Options
Hi! I'm Robin, newly 43, and I joined MFP a few weeks ago. I previously did Spark People and lost 20 lbs. Then I saw a lot of people on #twitterdiet chats talking about MFP, so I thought I'd try it. I gained about 5 lbs. of the 20 back, but held steady. (I had stopped tracking food!) So now I'm aiming to lose 10.

The only problem is that I've been sick on and off for the last month. More on than off, with a virus I just can't shake. This makes it very hard to exercise, because I have constant dizziness and/or low-grade fever. I also work full-time as an Elementary Spanish teacher, and I have two little girls! My husband is very supportive of my healthy lifestyle, and he is also pretty healthy, so that helps.

I'd love some new friends to support me on this site. I thought joining a group might help "meet" some new people. I'm pretty good at giving support, too!

Thanks all! ~ Robin

Replies

• Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin! I'm 49 and joined MFP several months ago after being on PeerTrainer for a couple of years. I really like this site better, much easier to track food especially on my smart phone. I just purchased a new Spark People cookbook and have been reading it in the evenings. Great recipes! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Dot2Dottie
    Options
    Hi! I'm Robin, newly 43, and I joined MFP a few weeks ago. I previously did Spark People and lost 20 lbs. Then I saw a lot of people on #twitterdiet chats talking about MFP, so I thought I'd try it. I gained about 5 lbs. of the 20 back, but held steady. (I had stopped tracking food!) So now I'm aiming to lose 10.

The only problem is that I've been sick on and off for the last month. More on than off, with a virus I just can't shake. This makes it very hard to exercise, because I have constant dizziness and/or low-grade fever. I also work full-time as an Elementary Spanish teacher, and I have two little girls! My husband is very supportive of my healthy lifestyle, and he is also pretty healthy, so that helps.

I'd love some new friends to support me on this site. I thought joining a group might help "meet" some new people. I'm pretty
    good at giving support, too!

Hi Robin ! I just joined up this past week and love the site ! Feel free to add me as a friend. We need all the support and encouragement we can get !

Thanks all! ~ Robin
  • Pseattlegirl
    Options
    Hi Robin!
    I started on Spark too....however I love the scan your food on MFP so far. I just started MFP about a week ago...and so far so good. I don't have the excuses because of the smart phone. Let's do this togther!!

-Janet