Working out with Primal

Options
cdngrl81
cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
I have read a lot of posts on Mark's Daily Apple about his WOW and lifting heavy things, but I have quite a few exercise DVDs (mostly Jillian Michaels). Are these good to do instead of the workouts Mark recommends? Has anybody done any of JMs DVDs while living Primal?

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Any exercise is good exercise....

If you can get in some strength training workouts with body weight or heavy weights I would say go for it - I know some of JM workouts include some body weight exercises...

I do kickboxing and Crossfit (lifting heavy things) as my main exercise - my shape has really toned up...the combination of eating lots of protien and using my muscles has created definition that wasn't there before - especiallyin my arms and shoulders (I still have that wad of fat onthe bottom of my arm - but you can actually see definition when I flex and my shoulders are starting to get that nice rounded toned look
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend "starting strength" barbell program enough.
  • charlesguimont
    Options
    Take a look into strength training/bodybuilding and or crossfit. Jillians workout are called polyometric, I think its good part of a more complete system, like there is some in Crossfit. The thing is, to be effective, exercise should be intense enough to trigger the release of anabolic hormone, that when the magic happen. For that your body must think :Damn if this thing append again ... I might die! So I should release hormone to regenerate stronger...

From my point of view, men or women should go heavy and high intensity.