Opinions on which program next wanted

Options
tross0924
tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
Hi guys and gals,

So . . . some back ground. I did P90X for a year, and graduated to heavier lifting once I got my weight set and built a squat rack. I did 2 or 3 rounds of a Stronglifts madcow program. Once I started hitting some plateaus with improvements I moved onto the advanced Stronglifts program. I'm currently into the 8th week of that and am wondering what to do next.

I could do another Stronglifts program and just reset it for my current maxes, or I could do the Wendler 5/3/1 program. Or I could do something else.

This is where the opinions come in. What would be better for me to continue to see progression?

Currently maxes are based on the last 3 reps of the Stronglifts current week

Weight - 205 lbs
Bench - 285 lbs
Squat - 365 lbs
Deadlifts - 400 lbs
Overhead press - 190 lbs

I wouldn't mind a program that helped me improve my deads a bit more so it wasn't so close to my squats.

Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for the opinions.

Replies

• FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Nice lifts bro!

Well, your stronger than me, but my two cents would be to do 5/3/1 or look into a periodization programme
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Good lifts indeed. I like the flexibility of 5/3/1. I've done it before & liked it but not currently using it.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will go with the 5/3/1 and see how I like it.
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You can set up your 5/3/1 here easily:

http://www.strstd.com/