YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME

Options
When I decided last week that the time had come for me to really get focused and get into shape I was actually pretty nervous! I really wanted to do this! I have not paid attention to myself in that way for quite some time. Too busy with the day to day.

Something hit me and I realized that there was never going to be the "right" time and if I wanted to enjoy the benefits of health and fitness I was going to have to make it a priority in my life.

This past week has been so great. There are times when I didn't really want to exercise but the remarks I read on this board and other posts you make continue to motivate and inspire me. There are times when I wanted to snack but then committed to recording everything I eat I decided I didn't want that on my food log. <
may sound a bit silly but it has also helped me to get the momentum going!

When I contemplated the best way to get going with this, I had to face the reality that going to a gym or diet class was definately not going to work for me right now. I am a stay at home mom and 4 of my kids are with me the greater part of the day. Also, in the past when I tried this, it seemed like someone always had the sniffles or something to prevent me from putting them in a nursery at the gym so I wouldn't go.

This is the best choice for me right now! I can take kids with sniffles in a stroller or let them ride their bikes or power wheels. They think I am wonderful taking them over to a nearby church parking lot or park so they can play while I walk. I actually feel better than I have felt in a long time even though I really feel the fatigue probably from adding the exercise as well as daylight savings this week. I am feeling better about myself for keeping the committments I am making to myself each day.

Now, I just want you to know that I am so grateful for you! I never really imagined how much support I would feel from others. It's amazing to be able to use the internet in such a positive and productive way. People connecting to help each other, encourage each other. I'm really touched and wanted to thank you all for your kind words and support!

WE CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Aww so sweet.seeing your determination has sure set an example for me! We can do this! Keep up the awesome work!! So glad you found something that fits your lifestyle as it is right now :-)
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    it is nice to know that we can all get support and motivation from stangers that are just like us. Keep up the good work and the positive mind. :flowerforyou:
  • TraTroy
    TraTroy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am very happy for you! I am only a week into this, and I am loving it too. I feel the same about not wanting bad food on my log and about being motivated by others. It seems odd to me that I actually feel accountable to a group of strangers, but I really do, and I'm digging it. Congrats to us all for moving in the right direction. Keep it up....summer is just around the corner.