Help I Want To Eat

Options
I'm having a tough time. I really need some support and words of encouragement big time all I want to do is eat. I have the late night, have my period, Tv watching munchies. I know I can get through this with some help from my friends. I am at war with myself over this particular craving. A big part of me just wants to give in. That's the bucket part that only wants to do things it's own way poo poo the concequences. Then there's the other side of me that says you will not give into this craving no matter what. Right now I desperately want the don't give in side to win. I want to know what other people do when the carb cravings for bad stuff comes along how do you handle it? Oh also I'm diabetic so I have to watch the carbs and sugars.

Replies

• wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want if you have the will power not to overdo it. and the reason why i am saying that is
    Most of us have ended up overweight because we do not have self control when it come's to what we enjoy eating but since you have diabetic you should defnetly watch what you are eating but if the urge to eat is too strong i would suggest to take a ONE BITE AND LEAVE THE REST.

I had a big craving for choclate last week and the urge was so strong that i gave in and bought 1 big size SNICKERS which really
    satisfied me and i did not regret it in one bit because now i can go for a while without craving it.

PS,, i also don't have self control when it comes to what is bad for me but we are all learning and that is why we are here.
  • FoxyPhoenixRising
    FoxyPhoenixRising Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not diabetic (yet), but I do suffer from the same evil cravings that you're talking about. And I think Wifeyy (sorry if mispelled) is right about willpower. The problem is...I don't have any. So what I have to do is make sure that I don't have any of those food around. (Actually sometimes I think having the bad stuff around actually gets the cravings started, since I know it's there). Because I wouldn't stop at one bite, I'd have the whole thing. So I try not to have the "bad foods." That's my first step, so that when the cravings do hit, the only things in the house are healthy options. I try to do that, but I'm not the only one who buys food, so sometimes junk is still available. That makes it much harder for me.

Here's something else to try:
    drink a huge glass of water before you allow yourself to have anything else. No matter what the outcome, you won't consume as much as you would without the water on board. I think this works very well. I just need to do it more.