Loving Eating More and Lifting

Options
Gwendalyne
Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
Hi Everyone!

So My story is a little different. I've had no trouble losing the weight. I've managed to drop over 90lbs in two years. Yet I couldn't imagine being on a 1200 calorie diet my enitre life. Not only that, but although I was getting smaller, I still had flabby untoned areas. Mostly arms and stomach. So after seeing others w/great results from lifting. I decided to read NROLFW. I loved the book and decided to venture into lifting and eating more.

So I'm tracking my weight everyday, as I am eating more and doing my weight lifting. The lowest I've seen before on my calorie restricted plan was about 126...I would typically go between 126-128, even up to 131 + depending how relax I was on my eating...I've been eating more for the last 3 weeks and lifting. Although I'm not at my lowest, My clothes still fit the same...I was up about 131-132 since eating more. Today I weighed 130. So I will continue on w/my tracking and progress. I love being able to eat (because I am always hungry lol) I love lifting weights as well. Hopefully will have some great after pictures :)

I know results vary for everyone. I was already pretty small when I started. Wearing a size 4, so it's taken me a few weeks to see a difference. I don't really expect to lose a bunch of weight, more to tone and reduce body fat.

Have a great day guys and don't give up!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Gwen, wow that is just awesome. I know when you are the size you want to be it is kind of hard to think of doing something that may cause a weight gain.

Oh just to prepare you... with lifting heavy, you may never see those low numbers again and may even go up in weight, but you will have a rock solid body that you will see a huge difference between the lighter you and the toned you! Keep up the great work!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Fabulous Gwen! I am on my way to getting some great results. I to love eating more and still fitting in my clothes (loose size 4) even though I have fluctuated 130-133 last week and now this week with lowest being 127. I'm only on week 2 of eating more and lifting, so I will just be patient and see how my body adjust. I also weigh in every day knowing there will be some fluctuations especially if I eat more sodium. I definitely feel stronger and go up in my lifting just from last week.

Thanks for sharing you look great!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank Lucia! I'm getting my mind away from scale numbers and what I think my perfect weight is. When I was 126lbs I still didn't see the results I wanted, so I figured getting smaller wasn't the key.

@ Getfitdiva!!! That's great girl...we are in this together :)
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Gwen keep up the great work
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I tell you, with the heavy lifting you do see fluctuations...serious ones...the last two weeks I was running a good 3-4lbs higher than the stagnated weight I had been at for a couple weeks. Sodium is a serious culprit and weighing after heavy lifts another...I find especially after leg or back day, I hold water...so now the scale is back where it was....all that time clothes don't change for me...so I stopped sweating the scale PERIOD...thank GOD because I had to be annoying whining all the time about it...lol!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    It is kind of hard letting go of that "goal weight" mine was 147lbs...I don't think I will ever see that number again. So now the number is whatever it is when I fit ALL my 4's...getting into most clothes but not quite all the way there yet.