Surgery One Year Ago Today

Options
Today I am celebrating my one year post surgery anniversary. I have lose to date 155 lbs. No regrets feeling great!!!:heart:

Replies

• LucyWiniarski
    Options
    Good for you! I had my surgery about seven months ago. I have lost 52 pounds. Would like to lose 30 more. Any suggestions? It seems to be slow going at this point.
  • Ronalea
    Ronalea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I had my surgery (vsg) in July of last year, I lost 44 lbs so ar and need to lose 40 more, it has been a slow process but not because of actually working hard. I hit that comfortable spot and just didn't move now I have a motivation to get moving again and wow, it is amazing how quickly wieght still comes off. Congratulations to all you other ladies who have done so well.... :)
  • humbino
    humbino Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I had my gastric band fitted in November 2011. I lost 13 kg since then! No regrets, although the surgery was not pleasant... My weight stopped at 87 kg, I had 3 fillings, so I am on 6 cc now. I am going to the gym 4X / week, 60 mins cardio (cross trainer). I try to stay around 1200 kcal a day according to FitnessPal. What are your experiences?
  • LucyWiniarski
    Options
    Oh, I get it. Diet and exercise are still essential. I've slipped into old habits of sitting and grazing. Back on track now. Will let you know what happens.
  • sixthtimeacharm
    Options
    Good Morning, I had my band placed Nov.11, I have lost 20 lbs since then, it is a very slow process & I am having to find new ways of tricking my body into burning more calories as I am very active as it is. I have about 30-40 lbs left to loose. Lucy I am right there with you with slipping back into old habits, they are very hard to break.
  • sixthtimeacharm
    Options
    Hi, congratulations on your one year anniversary and all your hard wait at shedding the weight. I have just begun, received my band Nov. 11.
  • humbino
    humbino Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello!
    Where did you get your band fitted? How are you finding it? It is great having someone here to has the same experience!
  • Hgdlrd
    Options
    Fantastic, I had mine almost two yrs ago, lost 70 lbs, have ten more to go for three yr goal, and a year to do it, want to lose grand total of 103. Just started Pilates and hope to tone up, u know extra skin
  • Itakecareofme2
    Itakecareofme2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I fell into a trap of thinking I could continue to munch all day long and drink beverages with Taco Bell Frutistas. My lap band has just prevented me from gaining any additional weight because I'm unable to eat large portions. I'm taking some positive steps to change these bad habits. I'm tracking what I eat using this web site and I've scheduled an appointment to get a fill.
  • Mirpapillon
    Mirpapillon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am scheduled to get a gastric band in the next few months. I have to see an internist first for a small problem I had 8 years ago. They won't do the surgery unless I see a Dr. Any comment you can share with me would be greatly appreciated. I am really looking forward for this surgery. It took me years to decide. My family Dr. wanted me to go for gastric bypass but I'm scared of that. What are your opinions on banding versus gastric bypass.
    Thanks