What size dumbbells are you using?

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
I started with 5's but now I'm using 8's. Thinking I may need 10's for the arm moves, as my upper body seems to be a lot stronger than my lower body.

Just curious what everyone else is using in terms of weights.

Replies

• snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I started with 3's and then moved to 5s and 8s. By the end of week 2 in JMBR I was using the 8s and wishing that I had 10s. Now in week 3 I am back to 5s and will step up to 8s next week.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted this because I am waiting on my order to get here and was wondering if I should go ahead and buy the 10 lbs weights or not.
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5 and I use 8 for heavy, 5 for medium and 3 for light. I may pick up some 10's after week 6. Sometimes my shoulder and elbow get a little sore so I'm trying to be careful and not hurt anything.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I only have 5's right now. Will get 8s and 10s soon.
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am using 5's, 8's and 10's. as it all depends on the exercise. I try to start with the heavier ones and then if I can't finish with good form, I move down. I do also have 15's but thats going to be a long while ;)
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    I own 3's, 5's, 8's and 10's. I'm only on day 4, but so far I've used mostly 5's and 8's. I've used the 3's for some moves where I've traditionally been weaker, but those seemed pretty light this morning, so I don't think I'll be using them much going forward.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I use 5's, 8's, 10's and 12's. I need to get some 3's though because I can't do my superman moves with the 5's.
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm using 12's. I had 5's but they were too light for me. I do use them on the superman's tho
  • myeatman
    myeatman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am currently using 8's and 10's.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • Genevieve077
    Options
    I'm only in week one and I'm using 3's but I'm hoping to move up to 5's next week!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly using 5s and using 8s for some moves. You sound strong!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've used 5s, 8s and 10s, based on the move.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I've been mostly using 5s and using 8s for some moves. You sound strong!

I think it's only because I worked out last year with a personal trainer and she kicked my butt with heavy weights. I've been able to maintain my strength since quitting I guess.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm using 12's. I had 5's but they were too light for me. I do use them on the superman's tho

Oh my goodness - how are you using 12s?! I have always used 5lbs in JM dvds but went to 8lbs for this and now I'm up to 10lbs for things like surrenders and terry pulls. Do you use 12 lbs for the majority of the moves? Insane!!!