Has anyone in this group checked out adrenal issues too?

Options
anissaek
anissaek Posts: 11 Member
I have spoken to a few people that said adrenal support helped them. I'm wondering if anyone here with thyroid issues had any success with adrenal support too.

Replies

• nspink
    nspink Posts: 65
    Options
    I am actually going to be getting more labs on my adrenal/cortisol levels soon. I'll let you know what my results are.
  • geezalawheez
    geezalawheez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am taking over the counter 25 mg of both DHEA and Pregnenolone. I have not been tested yet for adrenal issues because my doctor wants to get my thyroid levels balanced out first before we test for that. However, my dad also has Hashimoto's and adrenal issues and told me about those two supplements. I've been on them for about a month and I can tell a difference. I definitely think it's in combination with the other supplements I take ( Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12, and Selenium) and lifestyle changes (I cut out gluten), but in my experience it hasn't hurt anything. Of course, since I'm pretty much self medicating I would recommend at least asking your doctor to test your adrenals/cortisol. It's just one more thing that adds to those hypo symptoms and struggles with weight loss. Once they're corrected, you should feel much better. I know I do!
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    I started an adrenal support supplement a few weeks ago. It seems to be helping. I take it 3 times a day. My dr had a feeling that my adrenals were totally drained, so he tested a few times and sure enough, that seems to be a huge issue for me! Just had more tests run today for my thyroid and adrenals, will be interesting to see where things are at!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... never heard of it. What kinds of symptoms would relate to needing adrenal support?
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Adrenal issues can go hand-in-hand with hypo -- and symptoms are similar - fatigue, weight gain, inability to lose weight - you might be irritable and anxious. Here's a link: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/

I'm meeting with my Naturopath this week and we are going to start looking at adrenals and adrenal support.
  • nspink
    nspink Posts: 65
    Options
    My cortisol level was 9. According to my Endo. She says my adrenal and cortisol labs came back normal. A relief in a way because I can cross that out the list of why I'm still feeling fatigue. It doesn't hurt to get it tested to make sure.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Did they test cortisol with a blood test? Reason I ask is because for some (especially with hashi and/or adrenal fatigue) the levels can swing wildly during the day. So, the best way to test is a saliva test. You capture saliva on a test strip like 6 times a day at all different times -- record the times, etc. And they can see the levels rise and fall during the day and then see if it's normal.

But one blood test only tells levels at that point in time - not necessarily the whole story.