Do you have a day when you just cheat like it aint nobody's

Options
I do really good during the week, as in Monday through Thursday, but Friday's are normally the days that I say "What the heck! Give me a slice of that 3 cheese pizza please!!!!" Or I'll hit up Glorias and throw back a Margarita and some of that bean dip.:drinker: :ohwell:

Replies

• Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yea that bean dip at Gloria's is so addicting. I am going to Gloria's today....:(. I will behave today.
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The advice of trainers and fitnees fanatics that say a hi cal day is good for the metabolism is my justification to eat and not fill one once of guilt :smile:
  • kimbsh01
    kimbsh01 Posts: 38
    Options
    Its hard for me to stay on track over the weekends :(
  • cocoacutie408
    Options
    Yes... that would be Thursday.

Thursdays are sacred. This is the one day a week when my girlfriends and I get together to catch up on life, cook meals together, and drink a bunch of wine. White wine is a must! My diet calls for me to not have any alcohol WHATSOEVER so I'm good throughout the week, but sneak a few glasses on Friday-eve...

I value my friends and love my wine so even if it takes slightly longer to lose all of the weight I need to, at least I'm keeping tradition going.

I've lost five pounds in a week, I can afford to have a glass or two! :drinker:

18259653.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • CappelleArt
    Options
    I feel the same way. I work my butt off during the week to eat right and exercise. I deserve at least a day to treat myself, not go overboard though, but treat myself to some good food and a nice drink:-)
  • kkrobins
    kkrobins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I splurge on the weekends....I have a family that just wont stop eating...lol!
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't do it every week, but I had one this past Saturday. Not pretty at all!
  • mrsmerre
    mrsmerre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Woo! Sunday was a mess weekends are usually bad! I was just eating like crazy; went over my calorie goal by 850...no judgement. Even though I am trying to keep track of calories, sometimes it doesn't matter cause if I really want tortilla chips and cheese dip, that's happening. I need stronger will power
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow! I really admire you ladies for having one day in particular that you allow yourself to splurge. Me, I probably allow myself a little splurge everyday! I choose it this way because I don't do very well with restrictions overall. I usually sabatoge myself if I restrict myself too much, and end up not making any progress. So each day I allow myself a little something; a piece of chocolate perhaps, a glass of wine, a heavy carb item, etc. On days when I know I'm going to go HAM later, I will graze during the day and save my calories for later. This has worked best for me, and I still see results, so I just stick with that attitude! lol
  • mswn02
    mswn02 Posts: 38
    Options
    Yes! I believe it is important to treat yourself and have something to look forward to. I weigh in at home on Sunday mornings. If I hit my target, I allow the day to be a cheat day. Yesterday when I weighed in I hit my target, but my cheat day was a bit anticlimactic because now that I have lost weight I get full faster and I just don't have the taste for certain foods anymore.
  • rodes27
    rodes27 Posts: 15
    Options
    Bumping* this thread....I just started, but its not my first time trying to lose weight. What I've learned is that total deprivation does NOT work for me. This time around, I plan on having Friday and Saturday as cheat days....But even then it doesn't mean i wanna go crazy on the food....but adding in one special treat on Friday and Saturday (200 - 400 calories) will keep me honest for the rest of the week.