Anyone Using a Heart Rate Moniter

Options
Hello,

i just started today and did workout 1 for the full 30 min my cals burned was only 76 a few of my friends had said this seemed really low... was just checking to see what your results were.

thanks

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    That does seem really low. My HRM said 252 for workout 1.... What kind of HRM do you have?
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    its an orgen... i just changed some settings so i hope its better for tomorrow. i thought that seemed extreamly low...
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    its an orgen... i just changed some settings so i hope its better for tomorrow. i thought that seemed extreamly low...
    Hopefully changing the settings helps! :)
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's WAY low unless you're just WATCHING the video and not participating : )
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use a Body Media system and I average 240 for Workout 1, 180 for Workout 2, and 320 for Cardio. Hopefully your changes make it more accurate.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    :happy: today for work out 2 it was a little higher at 112 cals burned i guess thats a little better. i guess if my hrm is on the low side it will push me to work even harder so its not totally a bad thing
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    that still seems really low to me. i was between 203-250 for workout 1, 2, and cardio 1. what are your settings in your HRM? i have mine set for the highest intensity.
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    Seems super low to me. I checked your profile and you are close in weight to me, and I burn close to 300.... I would think your numbers would be close. Does your HRM have a chest strap? I've heard that those without are inaccurate ?
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60. For workout 1 & 2 and for Cardio 1 I averaged 180 calories burned. Lower than most people, and I am working out hard. For workout 3 & 4 it's been about 210 for both of them. I'm 5'2"...127 lbs.
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have a polar f6 and I know that my battery in the chest strap is going bad and there are times where it doesn't register my HR. And I only see 00 :( you nay want to check to make sure your hr is registering the whole time.