SNACK ATTACKS!

Options
meads01
meads01 Posts: 6 Member
Does anyone else just constantly want/feel the need to snack? I know I should eat well-rounded meals and am trying to do so on my 21 day no junk food diet, but man...all I want is to snack! I think I do this out of boredom, but I work, go to the gym, hang with friends and yet I still find time to lounge on the couch and daydream about eating. lol I really need to kick my addiction to food. :(

Replies

• orangemocha10
    Options
    I feel your pain! I really struggle with cravings for chocolate, chips, etc...it's not a "feeling hungry" thing, but definitely related to stress for me. It's toughest in the evenings after dinner - I can go all day eating well and then screw it up in 30 minutes =P

I'm going to start trying to pop in a yoga video when I start really wanting sweets in the evenings, hopefully a healthier distraction will help? It's tough!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yes I constantly want to snack when I'm at work. At least you know you're not alone.
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Yup i hate that! When i'm bored i wanna eat, when i'm upset, angry or annoyed i wanna eat... I wish i didn't like food as much as i do! lol
  • msracefan
    msracefan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I've been trying to keep lots of the 100 calorie snack packs around so that I don't polish off a whole bag of something then say Oops!
  • wtp2000
    wtp2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too .. there are some days when all I think about is food and what am I going to eat next. If I don't plan out my entire day in advance, I'm a goner. I stock up on raw carrots, celery (love it with peanut butter), cucumbers (dip into low fat ranch dressing or fat free)., clementines and grapes. But some days I am so sick of fruit and vegetables, I just want to dive into something gooey and fattening. But, I know I can't. My problem is I'm never satisfied with just one (cookie, brownie, candy, etc.), so I have to cut out the "junk" and fast food cold turkey. Hopefully, I'll get to a point where I don't even think about it any more .. but, I'm not there yet.
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think about food a lot too :smile:

I try to plan lots of small, healthy snacks instead of saying "NO" to myself (that never seems to work).

I have *small* portions of almonds, chocolate, chees, crackers, fruit throughout the day. If I don't feel deprived, then far less likely to binge snack on crap.

You gotta find a plan/system that works for you and stick to it. For me, having to account for all intake keeps me honest.
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I get a snack attack. I eat fruit, cheese, almonds or popcorn it does help those times when I feel like I am really needing something. Good luck..we have all been there....
  • Flabberella
    Options
    Does anyone else just constantly want/feel the need to snack? I know I should eat well-rounded meals and am trying to do so on my 21 day no junk food diet, but man...all I want is to snack! I think I do this out of boredom, but I work, go to the gym, hang with friends and yet I still find time to lounge on the couch and daydream about eating. lol I really need to kick my addiction to food. :(

I feel your pain, I could have written your post, I feel the need to eat constantly, especially in the evenings when the kids are in bed and I am lounging around. I have taken to doing extra cleaning in the house and I have taken up knitting lol to help keep my hands occupied. It is so hard to kick the habit of snacking, especially when we loooooooove food. I would love to hear how you manage not to succumb to your cravings :smile: