I am new

Options
Hi everyone, I am a new member/convert. Let me tell you a bit about myself. My name is Caron, I am married with 3 children. I live in London. I have been a weight watcher member for years and years, and even help out at my meetings. Initially I lost 3 stone, but then I lost my way a bit, and fell off the wagon big time, and gained 2 stone. I suppose I was on the plan too long, and got fed up with counting points.

I also have a friend with a very fast metabolism who boasted about the amount of weight she lost each week, compared to me who could only lose a half a pound a week. I have an underactive thyroid gland for which I am taking medication she just told me I wasn't following the plan properly, and I lost all incentive to lose weight. She should have really been encouraging me. So this time, I am not telling her anything. I dont want her to spoil it for me again.

My husband has a friend who told him about this healthy food plan yesterday, he himself had lost 3 stone in weight and was raving at how good it was. So there and then yesterday, I decided to join. That was pm. I had already eaten loads and loads of things I really shouldn't have had, and yes, I did go over a bit on a few of the things I should have had, but it was a start and day 1. Please feel free to check my meals from yesterday. As I said Crunchy nut cornflakes with full fat milk isn't ideal, but as I said, I didn't think I would be starting my diet. Today will be a lot better.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Replies

• sixfootaliw
    Options
    Welcome Caron! I hope you find MFP to be an easy and user-friendly way to manage your food intake (I refuse to call it a diet!). It sure works for me at the moment and the people I have befriended so far have been ever so supportive!

Feel free to send me a friend request and we can support each other!

Ali
  • ftprntz40
    ftprntz40 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello Caron!

Good to see you on here. You'll find it a great supportive place to be with lots of people egging you on. It's not a diet for me either, but a change to a more healthier lifestyle.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish

Claire
  • torreviejo
    torreviejo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Caron, I am also new to MFP having joined yesterday. I am from Cardiff, married and with lots of time on my hands. I too have struggled with weight loss so I wanted to find a way to enjoy food and exercise without feeling that I am depriving myself of the things I love.

"Eat less and move more" that is the way I am going as like others, I dont want to think of this as a diet- can only end in failure for me, at least.

Jan .