Lifting Music

Options
cbear017
cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
I'm not having a ton of luck coming up with good mixes for weight lifting, especially from my searches on the regular forum since the suggestions there are mostly for cardio.

I gravitate toward metal and rock, though I do like hip-hop and punk. Most of the songs on my current playlist are from the following bands:

Disturbed
Five Finger Death Punch
Breaking Benjamin
System of a Down
Avenged Sevenfold
Lacuna Coil
Hed PE
Chevelle, etc.

I like music that makes me feel bad *kitten*, even though I'm not. lol.

Any suggestions for bands or specific songs that motivate you?

Replies

• damifogg
    damifogg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    American Head Charger - "Just So You Know"

Bullet for my Valentine - all of them.

Limp Bizkit - old school fun.

For something alternative but quite good to work out to -

Nero - "Promises", "Me and You", "Guilt"
    Katy B - "Katy On a Mission", "Perfect Stranger", "Crossover"

I got a lot of Disturbed on my running playlist. Makes you want to kick someone while running... which is possibly not sensible to do. I'm not that coordinated.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i usually listen to country when i workout . i :love: it

here are my " feel like a bad *kitten*" songs.. mostly for compounds.... check this one out.
    Treal Lee and Prince Rick THROWED OFF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQgPsF45hk (was banned from texas clubs because it caused too many fights and deaths)

some other stuff

Zeds Dead - White Satin
    Zeds Dead ft. Omar Linx - Out For Blood
    300 vio
    Treal Lee and Prince Rick THROWED OFF
    Spor - Pacifica (Chasing Shadows Remix)
    skrillex bang bang
    Gemini - Graduation (Album Version)
    Does It Offend You, Yeah- - Wondering (Dirtyphonics Remix)
    avicii - levels
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Rage Against the Machine
    Beastie Boys
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Slayer, old Metallica.

Usually I'll put on my Pandora "metal" station.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I listen to the gym radio since I don't like wires around me when I'm lifting. THey always get wrapped up somehow.
    Anyway...
    Rock Superstar- Cypress Hill
    Bawitdaba-Kid Rock
    Metallica-Enter Sandman
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys. These are great suggestions. I've never really listened to Bullet for my Valentine so I'll have to give them a listen. I do have a few Limp Bizkit CDs so I'll have to dig them out. Beastie Boys, Metallica and Cypress Hill are also awesome.

@ Taylerr88: what sort of country do you listen to while working out? I love country music (yeah, most people think it's strange that I'm a huge country and metal fan...lol). Some of my favourites are Jason Aldean, Waylon Jennings, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert and Dwight Yoakam. If you have suggestions I'd love to hear them.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys. These are great suggestions. I've never really listened to Bullet for my Valentine so I'll have to give them a listen. I do have a few Limp Bizkit CDs so I'll have to dig them out. Beastie Boys, Metallica and Cypress Hill are also awesome.

@ Taylerr88: what sort of country do you listen to while working out? I love country music (yeah, most people think it's strange that I'm a huge country and metal fan...lol). Some of my favourites are Jason Aldean, Waylon Jennings, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert and Dwight Yoakam. If you have suggestions I'd love to hear them.
    Love the weird looks at the gym when i got coutnry blasting lol. kinda funny sometimes.

jason aldean, alan jackson, rodney atkins, blake shelton, luke bryan, keith urban, toby keith, tim mcgraw.. my favorite would have to be dierks bentley. not sure what songs i would suggest. Kind of of just have all their stuff and put it on shuffle. The only song i cant live without is home by dierks bentley probably the only song i listen to on repeat for hours and hours.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    While I like Country and Metal both, I save the Country for the ride home from the gym to change modes.

While lifting it is things like:

The Birthday Massacre, Pillar, Nightwish, Red, Delain, Fireflight, Within Temptation, Flyleaf, Black Label Society, P.O.D., Linkin Park, The Letter Black, and others.
  • lukebyro
    lukebyro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a country fan however I need something heavier when lifting, Metallica is a staple. I also like Drowning Pool, Dropkick Murphy, and Godsmack. Also take a look at some WWE sound tracks or action movie sound tracks some of those mix it up pretty good with stuff that will pump you up...
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am a country fan however I need something heavier when lifting, Metallica is a staple. I also like Drowning Pool, Dropkick Murphy, and Godsmack. Also take a look at some WWE sound tracks or action movie sound tracks some of those mix it up pretty good with stuff that will pump you up...

You can find some of the best lifting music in movie soundtracks..I love the old western stuff by ennio morricone..Check out l'arena by ennio from the classic film The Mercenary..

If you like early metal like Metallica check out early stuff by Infernal mejesty, slayer, megadeth, liege lord, kreator, forced entry, forbidden, paradox, mortal sin, agent steel, exciter, mandator, master, overkill..There are tons of great thrash metal bands from the 80's that did not get the fame of the big 4 but are classic thrash metal.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Devildriver, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, good dubstep.
  • BuffERRN
    BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Godsmack, Nelly, Metallica, Aerosmith, Disturbed, foreigner, etc...

Hard rock, metal, rap, classic rock...
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    metal every time ,ac/dc ,metalica,bullet for my valintine,i also trow on transplants or rancid more of a punk rock ska vibe
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Love the weird looks at the gym when i got coutnry blasting lol. kinda funny sometimes.

I've been caught stompin my feet in the squat rack to Callin Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks lol...got me fired up tho.
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a ton of luck coming up with good mixes for weight lifting, especially from my searches on the regular forum since the suggestions there are mostly for cardio.

I gravitate toward metal and rock, though I do like hip-hop and punk. Most of the songs on my current playlist are from the following bands:

Disturbed
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Breaking Benjamin
    System of a Down
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Lacuna Coil
    Hed PE
    Chevelle, etc.

I like music that makes me feel bad *kitten*, even though I'm not. lol.

Any suggestions for bands or specific songs that motivate you?

You might wanna check out Iced Earth. I don't know them well, just got turned on to them by a buddy, def good thrash tunes for the gym tho