Welcome Cadets! Roll Call!

Options
kal_el83
kal_el83 Posts: 38 Member
My name is Chad, but in the world of Star Trek I go by Sylok (a Vulcan/Trill hybrid), Captain of the U.S.S. Ansara NX-93544.

IRL, I work as a paramedic (working in the Emergency Dept at a hospital - can't stand the downtime working for an ambulance agency), and a dad to my little man Ethan Mathieu, who started pre-school this year! I love hiking in the mountains, love photography, and recently.... working out! It actually makes me smile now when I'm in the middle of a good burn!

Welcome fellow trekkies/trekkers! Please introduce yourselves. and as a continuation of my original forum post: What's your favorite Star Trek movie/tv moment?

Mine is from the movie "First Contact".....

"She brought me closer to humanity than I ever thought possible. And for a time, I was tempted by her offer."
"How long a time?"
"Zero point six-eight seconds, sir... For an android, that is nearly an eternity."

Replies

• sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I go as Sunnburst on the the internet, but you can call me Jenn :)

IRL, I'm a stay at home Mum of 2 boys for 6 months and come spring weather I scoop Ice Cream at my Fiancé's family Ice Cream bar! I'm also a cosplayer whenever I can get to an event that calls for a costume! I make my own costumes and my favorite character to cosplay is Princess Peach. I'm hoping to make 3 costumes in time for a Convention coming up in October, Princess Peach, Shaak Ti (From Star Wars) and Poison Ivy. If I ever get the body I oh so desire and self confidence, I'm attempting the Green Girl from Star Trek :laugh:

I've really just started to exercise constantly and I love it! And eating healthy is even fun! I make so many new dishes now. My Fiancé is jealous because he can't eat most of it. (He has extreme eczema and lots of food flares it up)

And to answer the question, my fave Star Trek movie/tv moment is Amok Time, when Spock grin like a Mofo and then goes all serious. AND Wrath of Khan, well basically the whole movie hahaha! And I'm also pretty fond of the new Star Trek movie, I still cry like a baby every time I watch the begining!
  • kal_el83
    Options
    I was impressed with the new movie. I was really nervous going into the theater for fear Star Trek would be ruined, but Abrams did awesome and I can't wait for the next!
  • sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I went to see it 3 times and Fiancé 4 haha! Loved it to pieces!
  • msfayzer
    msfayzer Posts: 7
    Options
    My name is Fay but I go by Msfayzer on the internet.

IRL, I install and fix lab equipment which takes me all over the country. My other interest besides Star Trek is history. I do Civil War reenacting when I get the chance. I also really love to travel, especially internationally, when I can afford it. Lately I have been on a huge DS9 kick, especially Cardassian episodes because they are super awesome.

One of my many favorite Star Trek moments would have to be in the DS9 episode "The Dogs of War' (S7E24) when Garak, Damar and Kira are sitting around being despondent in Mila's basement.
    Mila: "You should hear the stories. "Damar's alive, my cousin saw him on Kelvas Prime.' 'He faked his own death.' 'He's plotting a new offensive from his secret mountain hideaway.' "
    Garak: "You never told me you had a secret mountain hideaway."
    Damar: "I was going to surprise you."

So, yea, hello everyone. And of course the obligatory:
    RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD!
  • kal_el83
    Options
    My name is Fay but I go by Msfayzer on the internet.

IRL, I install and fix lab equipment which takes me all over the country. My other interest besides Star Trek is history. I do Civil War reenacting when I get the chance. I also really love to travel, especially internationally, when I can afford it. Lately I have been on a huge DS9 kick, especially Cardassian episodes because they are super awesome.

One of my many favorite Star Trek moments would have to be in the DS9 episode "The Dogs of War' (S7E24) when Garak, Damar and Kira are sitting around being despondent in Mila's basement.
    Mila: "You should hear the stories. "Damar's alive, my cousin saw him on Kelvas Prime.' 'He faked his own death.' 'He's plotting a new offensive from his secret mountain hideaway.' "
    Garak: "You never told me you had a secret mountain hideaway."
    Damar: "I was going to surprise you."

So, yea, hello everyone. And of course the obligatory:
    RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD! RED SQUAD!

Welcome Fay! Glad to have you in the ranks!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hii, my name is Marj. You can call me Marj, or Svetlana. I like Svetlana more. People leave me and my vodka alone if they think I'm Russian! :drinker:

I'm a mechanical engineering student, with a focus in biology. I have a blue Star Trek shirt that I wear to school and no one gets it. Hmpfh.

Interesting fact: I work in a car dealership and a lady just walked into the Cadillac section with a Pomeranian. Le sigh.
  • JoHo57
    JoHo57 Posts: 31
    Options
    My name is Jo, but my online name is T'Pmara. My OL is a true mixture of the many species of humanoid. I am equally Human, Vulcan, Klingon and Betazoid.

IRL I am a 54 year old college student. I was a broadcast journalist for 20 plus years, but like a lot of people find myself unemployed after a buy-out. So, I ended up going back to school and am glad I did.

My love for Star Trek began back in the day. I saw the first show ever, and fell in love right then! I am so hooked, when I die, my ashes will be shot into the sky and I will fly away into space!
    One of my favorite quotes, ( and this hard, because I love so many) is:

"Just before they went into warp, I beamed the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all." -- Scotty, explaining how he got rid of the tribbles (The Trouble With Tribbles)
  • kal_el83
    Options
    My name is Jo, but my online name is T'Pmara. My OL is a true mixture of the many species of humanoid. I am equally Human, Vulcan, Klingon and Betazoid.

IRL I am a 54 year old college student. I was a broadcast journalist for 20 plus years, but like a lot of people find myself unemployed after a buy-out. So, I ended up going back to school and am glad I did.

My love for Star Trek began back in the day. I saw the first show ever, and fell in love right then! I am so hooked, when I die, my ashes will be shot into the sky and I will fly away into space!
    One of my favorite quotes, ( and this hard, because I love so many) is:

"Just before they went into warp, I beamed the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all." -- Scotty, explaining how he got rid of the tribbles (The Trouble With Tribbles)

LOL --- Love it - You're quite the mixed breed there! I too have told all my loved ones that I want my ashes jettisoned straight towards Zeta Orionis (referenced in one of my favorite TOS episodes "The city on the edge of forever")...... whether they believe me or not is another story!
  • JoHo57
    JoHo57 Posts: 31
    Options
    Can you believe there is a company that actually allows you to pre-plan this kind of service?

This crazy day had me on duty with an Away Team Mission to Costco. That is a huge planet filled with Costcons, a strange people who require huge amounts of carb loaded meals made up of breakfast cereal and bagels. Our science officer explained to me these food are processed in secret below the surface to hide the ingredients. After looking at the side of the box, I understood,

As a hybrid of four cultures, I often keep notes about my reactions to the many species we meet. My Betazoid telepathy was working overtime in that place...there were so many people on so many missions. All seemed benign except for one male, who had filled his push cart transportation device with office supply purchases. sidetracked by a large display of His mind was filled with visions of himself breaking out of something he termed Middle Management.

My Human emotions were torn between mission and a large display of Drayan Choclates protected from the elements in a wrapper marked with M&M's. My Vulcan logic used discipline and common sense to move away from the display.

Finally, it was good to be a Klingon as our o purchase of prune juice, box springs and mattress was questioned at the exist portal of the planet. A guard inspected our papers, what he called a register reciept before we were allowed to leave. Phasers were not neccesary, but I was ready with my D'k tahg.
  • Dayna_Dax
    Options
    Hi everyone. I go by several names, Dax, Dayn, or Dayna. You can call me any of the above. My friends say that i act like Erzi, but party like Jadiza. I love math n science, n have been known to do some security work too. I have a few favorite episodes from each of the series, to long to mention, so i will not clutter up this space with it. I know this isnt much, but in time as i get a chance to know you guys (and gals), i will probably be more chattier....see you on shift.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    A Star Trek fitness support group? Yes please! Sign me up!
    I'm Scarlett, and have to say that if I could pattern myself after any of my fave Star Trek characters, it would be Kira Nerys. I guess that makes me Bajoran....didn't see any of those in the group yet :bigsmile:

In real life I am a 35 year old mom of four (my oldest will graduate this year :cry: ) and I work assembling chrome grills at a Toyota plant. I was brought up on Star Trek (brought up right :happy: ). The original series will always be my favorite, followed by DS9 and then Next Generation.

Favorite Star Trek moment? SO hard to pick just one fave but.....I definitely would say it's in one of the movies.....The Search for Spock, when they discover he is actually still alive, albeit a rapidly growing child. Spock is amazing and this scene just always makes me so happy :bigsmile:
  • eldarkangel
    eldarkangel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    star trek 2 looks great. 10min preview before the hobbit :) ... Most people started to think they were watching star trek as it was on for so long... happy days!!
  • andrewknightwales
    andrewknightwales Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey guys

Just watched the International Trailer for the upcoming feature...definitely getting the sense that Cumberbatch's character is some sort of Starfleet/Federation Intelligence agent. Which is pretty cool as this is an area we don't ever see in Star Trek, other than Sec31...but never any legitimate intel agency. That got me pretty fired up.