Introduce yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• JessRanden
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

My name is Jess and I am in my FAMOH (f-ing awesome maid of honor) in my bestie's wedding on April 21st, 2012. I am extremely motivated to not be the fat braidesmaid. My best friend and all her other bridesmaids are about a size 4. While I'm not delusional to imagine that I can be a size 4, especially by April if at all, I am determined to look my best and not stand out as the "Fat One". I had to order a size 16 bridesmaid dress. They assured me the sizes run very small, however they could have been just saying that as I'm sure they had a sixth sense for the freak out looming just around the corner as soon as I could inhale again. I normally wear a size 10 dress (its the DD cups). Anyway I am determined to have to have that 16 taken in FAR!!!

I am 25 years old and this is my 5th wedding as a bridesmaid, 2nd as the FAMOH. Just call me Katherine Heigel. I am currently in Nursing school because my first BS failed at finding me a job, and I'm not risking THAT again! I'm excited to get healthy again. My sister and I used to run all the time, at the gym, outside, 5k's 10k's, and it really made me feel crappy that we registered for and had been working toward (she, as I totally fell of the wagon) the monster dash half marathon. She ran it, I cheered her on. I felt like crap for not being able to do it. Next time we'll be doing it together, like every other race we've ever ran! And to look awesome in my bridemaid's dress as a side bennie :)
  • JessRanden
    Options
    :happy: Hell ya to not being the fat bridesmaid!
  • nomoreexcuses121
    Options
    :happy: Hell ya to not being the fat bridesmaid!

LOL :-0

Just found all the other bridesmaids are size 6 or less. Looks like I'm screwed, haha
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jennifer, and I'm MOH at my best friends wedding on June 23rd 2012! (I also turn 30 the next day. Yikes! Lol)

We already ordered the dresses, mine was ordered in a 14. (I could have gotten a 10 if it wasn't for these darn hips!) I've lost 15 pounds since then, and I hope to lose 15 more. The will only alter the dress 1 month before the wedding, so I have lots of time.
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just got married in august and will now be a bridesmaid in my frien's wedding this coming august. I had lost 40 pounds for my wedding, which btw made my dress alterations very difficult! Anyway, I just purchased my bridesmaid dress size 4. It is very tight on me. I guess if I had to, I could wear it, but it would look a lot better if I was 10 pounds lighter.
  • kylashea
    kylashea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! So thankful to have found this group! As of today, I am in 3..yes THREE weddings in 2012! I won't be surprised if that number goes up before then! I am currently about 30ish lbs over weight. So I am definitely hoping to get it off before them. The first of the 3 is on April 14, 2012. Then I am the MOH on October 13, 2012, then a bridesmaid in a wedding on October 27, 2012. I may be a little crazy for committing to 2 weddings, 2 weeks apart! Let's get the show on the road!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hi ladies!

i just found your wonderful group! my name is amy & i'm a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's weddings on september 29, 2012. i'm from chicago and i've been on MFP losing weight slowly since august, 2010. i've lost about 50lbs so far and i want to lose at least about 40 more lbs by then. i'm kinda freaking out about it but i'm excited! feel free to add me as a friend! :) i'm looking forward to talking with you all!
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok, I hope it isn't too late to join this group!

My name is Laura and I'm a grad student at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. I'm going to be in my boyfriend's sister's wedding in May 2012 as a bridesmaid, and though I'm one of the 'smaller' girls of the 5 bridesmaids (except for the 14yo little sister), I still want to look more toned and lose about 10-15lbs.

The hard part of this whole journey is that I am literally always studying and it's hard to work out when you have four exams every two months. So I need motivation and someone to actually tell me, LAURA, PUT DOWN THE BOOKS AND WORK OUT!

Hope we all reach our target weight and look awesome in our bridesmaid dresses! <3
  • pushsend
    pushsend Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im an NCAA athlete turned into a full-time worker and MBA student. Now, I am ready to get back into shape for my best friend's wedding on June 1st.
  • moyaheath
    moyaheath Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a similar experience. I'm the MOH and of course the biggest of the bunch again (last year different wedding same scenario). I certainly can't hope to get down to their sizes but I am striving to look my personal best.
  • moyaheath
    Options
    Hi... My name is Moya and I`m the MOH in an October wedding. I would however like to reach the first phase of my goal weight by my birthday at the end of June. Last year I was also MOH in another wedding an I was able to lose most of the weight i wanted to... the problem was I started to gain it back two months before the wedding. Ohhh I had to fight hard just to maintain where I was. This year I fear the same thing but I really just want to be healthy in general so I dont want to postpone this journey until closer to the wedding. I really want to feel better, look better now, so here I am going after it again. For good this time!!!
  • moyaheath
    Options
    wow.. intense wedding schedule! Oh well you can use this to keep the pressure on to reach your goals.. and looks like your well on you way!!!