First week soreness!

Options
VivianRosie
VivianRosie Posts: 23 Member
I just start MFP on Monday 2-27 and decided to lose I have to exercise 40+ minutes everyday. I have been walking and weight lifting. Last year I got a knee strain- the chiropractor said my hip was out of alignment., after a 5K jog-walk I did. So my 209 lb frame is not easy on my right knee. Do you have any ideas of special stretches to help loosen the tension in my quad and hamstring, until I get back to the chiropractor? I know it will be easier on my knee after I lose 20+ lbs, but need help today!

Replies

• teresaramsey
    teresaramsey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yoga is excellent, also cycling and rowing. Good luck!
  • CMHug
    CMHug Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    STRETCH long and thoroughly after you work out. I would do a search on the web for the types of stretches that would be helpful to your situation because many will have a video or diagrams to help you.

Hang in there and be a little cautious so you don't have to be sidelined due to injury!
  • KarenLue
    KarenLue Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Very important to stretch after your work out while muscles are warm and more pliable so as not to do damage. Stretch to the point of resistance and hold hold hold! a good stretch for the Hamstrings is to simply fold forward with feet shoulder width or wider and leaving the back straight, touch the floor. you'll get a nice stretch all the way up the back of the legs.
  • janetelaine1
    janetelaine1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A stretch that I do when my knee is being pulled out of alignment is lying on my back with both knees bent-cross one knee over the other and lean both knees towards the side of the top knee. Hope this helps!
  • VivianRosie
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas. I try them all!:smile:
  • TBill13
    TBill13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Swimming is always great if you have a pool nearby. Total body workout, zero impact.
  • beverlybee
    beverlybee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have the means, an hour with a personal trainer who can help you with exercises/stretches particular to a knee strain could be super-helpful
  • VivianRosie
    Options
    Thank you! I started going to a chiropractor and my need insoles! I can't wait to get my knee healthy again!