How's your week going?

Options
mazaron
mazaron Posts: 329 Member
How's your workout week going? :smile:

I have managed two "New Rules of Lifting" workouts and two 5K walk/runs. There should be a word for that - how do we describe it? I walk some, I run some, I keep Buster-the-Poodle confused. My goal is to log 7-10 hours a week of "intentional" exercise.

Then there's the "unintentional" exercise. It's spring break here, I'm a teacher so I have the time off. DH took the time off too and we are working on a basement renovation. My role is construction flunky. I'm not wearing a pedometer, but I am sure I put in at least 10,000 steps going up and down the stairs with tools and treasures. The rest of the time I sweep gyproc dust and wood shavings.

Keep moving and don't forget to drink lots of water :drinker:

Replies

• klmpianoman
    Options
    A slow week-- sitting in meetings all day long and no time afterward for extra burn; but that's ok as this will change next week when I go back to my seasonal work. Then, my steps, activity, cal burn will go off the charts. Wish I had been doing this last summer. I was doing about 30 hours of "sweat your butt off" physical labor a week. Problem was, I didn't eat. Hardly at all all day. Drank gallons of water. I would loose 4 lbs, come home and gain it all back by the next trip (4 days on 3 off). Overall I did loose 14 pounds. You can bet I will have my Fitbit and HRM on!!
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    two 5K walk/runs. There should be a word for that - how do we describe it? I walk some, I run some

I started that this week and I call it run training. :smile:
  • katglaze
    katglaze Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started a week ago. My goal is to log everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. So far I have lost over 3 lbs. Finally being honest with myself has truly helped.
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I just joined this group a few days ago and decided to post. I am 51 and have been on mfp since September. I love this site and have found it to be so motivating and I love the support from all the mfp people.
    This has not been the best week for my, I have been sick with bronchitis and it is getting me frustrated. I will be better soon so I will ride out the storm.
    I hope everyone had a great week and enjoy your weekend. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
  • mazaron
    Options
    Whoah! New Rules of Lifting for Women workout A7 today. I increased the weights in all the exercises and it was tough, :explode: but it felt good to really push myself. I forgot that I'm only supposed to do 8 reps at this level, and did 10 of everything. No wonder it was so hard to get through! I had no energy for HIIT at the end, so have that to look forward to :tongue: tomorrow.

Have fun,

Nancy
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Week is off to a great start. On track and walking 30 mins everyday :)
  • klmpianoman
    Options
    Update-- my first work trip I was seeing 4,5 and 6000 calorie burns daily. Hard to keep up with the intake during the day. Don't think I will wear my HRM this time, just let fitbit track steps. The steps were in the 20k range per day. Just astounding. Starting another 10 day run.
  • TeTeAngel
    TeTeAngel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just joined the group. I have had a good week. I had fallen off the wagon. But this week, while on Spring break I was determined to get back into the practice of a daily workout. I am proud to say I met my goal, I exercised every day.
  • mazaron
    Options
    Good job, TeTeAngel. What kind of exercise do you do?
  • rolloffat
    rolloffat Posts: 17
    Options
    I have started to move, been going in pool, swimming and doing some arobics(so much easier in water) my daughter is my instructor:smile: hopefully getting into a good habit, which I WILL keep this time!!
  • SusanFinck
    SusanFinck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I certainly can't call myself "fabulously fit" but it's a great goal to strive for. I fiddled around with MFP since April '12 but now seem to be on track as far as recording intake and exercise minutes (primarily walking). I'm new to the computer. I'm equally unfamiliar with asking like minded individuals for support. I hope this site is one that will offer me encouragement as well as ideas that will assist me along my journey to better health. I hope to be equally encouraging in return.

Thanks
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My week has been fabulous! Broke a PR on a 6 mile run, benched 165 in the weight room, haven't lost anything for about 2 weeks but seeing as I only have a few pounds left to lose, it will take a while, I imagine. Tomorrow is a weight room day and then off to the running group Sat. am for an 11.4 mile route. Looking forward to the successful end of a successful week!
  • TeTeAngel
    Options
    Congrats on that record breaking run and to being so close to goal! I'll start a weight lifting class next Wednesday.
  • TeTeAngel
    Options
    Nancy,
    I apologize for not responding to your question earlier. I was concentrating on logging my food and weight and didn't check back. I will check often now. My workout consists of walking, stationary bike, and now stair climbing. Next week I will start weight training. I am excited about it.

This was a good week for me I did not deviate from my plan. I ate well and logged every day. I am looking forward to a good week coming up.
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    So far week has been good on eating and working out but been a little crabby.....but since the scale was kind this morning and I lost another pound a smile has appeared on my face!:happy: