Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• DrtRdGrl28
    Options
    Hi, I am Megan .

I have also had MFP for while but never really used it. Ive recently became tired of trying to do fad diets because some reason the word diet just makes me want to eat more lol.. So i am just trying to focus on exercising and will work on my healthy food choices along the way. I would like to lose 55lbs or atleast 12 inches.

Nice to meet all of you who have joined the group. I look forward to starting this journey with everyone.
  • dmaxdenny
    Options
    Hi This is Denise,

I have been on MFP since January 2012 and I am loving it. Some days are better than others, in that I am on track eating healthy and then fall off the wagon, a vicious cycle. I am looking for a group that can offer me encouragement and motivation, and where I can do the same for others. I currently exercise 3 days/week at a boot camp, and I love it. Gyms don't really work for me. My daily calorie intake is approx 1200 and I have managed to lose 151bs and 8 inches so far. My ultimate goal is to lose a total of 50 lbs.

I look forward to getting to know all of you. Yeah to success for all!!!!
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hiya all

I'm Denise, as my profile says I stumbled across this app as I wanted to track my weight and calorie intake in one place.

I started my weight loss journey on 17th September 2011 weighing a massive 202kg, 31stone 10 pounds or 444.4 pounds (all depends where in the world you are) on another application

So Friday 2nd March 2012 I joined here now weighing 148.2kgs, 23stone 4 pounds or 326 pounds !.

Already now today 8th March i weigh 146.5kgs, 23stone 0 pounds or 322.3 pounds !!!!!!

I'm over the moon and hoping this application will help me get to my goal of 117.1kgs or 18stone 5 pounds or 257.6 pounds by September 2012 and maybe more beyond who knows.

Would love people also to add me to help me along this journey as feeling a little lonely at the mo :o)

Thanks
    Denise
  • Junee37
    Junee37 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi my name is June. I am a single Mother of 2 girls work full time plus and go to school part time. My friend introduced me to this website and I am hooked, I love it. I currently weigh (gasp's) 234 pounds and Im 5'4. I would love some motivation and support to keep me going strong. I started the gym today and plan on attending no less than 3 times a week. Add me and we will motivate each other. This is website/app is my new bff, I find I am on here more than FB now...lol.
  • jellybean482004
    jellybean482004 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Angie.

I joined mfp about 6 weeks ago, looking for support and enocuragement to receive and give back to someone else along this journey. Believe in the support of friends for motivation and encouragment.

In the past , I have tried WW ( at work meetings - held at lunchtime ), i did great, and had almost reached my goal when they didn't renew the program as there werent' 15 interested participants. It was great, we shared recipes and sitting and working and eating along side other collegeaes was very encouraging. I continued to go for wiegh ins a few weeks at the closest location to me about 30 mins away at the time, found the meetings at inconvienient times, and got discouraged when i had reached 144 lbs and wanted to do maintenance and they wouldn't let me, they said my maintence weight should be 136. I weighed 148 lbs 24 years ago and that was the closest that i came . So need less to say...i stopped going.

Tried a couple of other weihgt loss centres, but again just didn't find the support or encouragment that i felt i needed. I know what i need to do , have done it several times before but just need the balance and support of friends who understand some of the struggles along the way.

I have support from my husband and family, but is different. My husband is overweight and i don't want to be the nagging wife. I'm hoping to also set an example. My sons are away at college , all but one that is and i'm trying to get him on board as well. His life has changed most likely the most with the transition of his older siblings away to post secondary schools, where he's done from being the youngest ( now 16) , to being an only child. I worry about him and his spending alot of time alone with my husband away travelling lots and i work shift work.
  • jellybean482004
    jellybean482004 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Want to get fit and be able to get into a bathing suit to be able to sit by our poolside this summer. lol :)
  • MommyBeck
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Mandi and I'm a stay at home mom to my 4 little ones (almost 5, 3, and 10 month twins). I lost about 70 lb. in 2010, then got pregnant with twins and gained about 50 of it back. Now I'm trying to lose it (and more!) all over again! Nice to meet all of you and I'm looking forward to the support!
  • LaLa_Jackson84
    Options
    Hi All!

Its a pleasure to be here. I have been on this journey off and on for a few years. My goal is to reach 160-170lbs. Feel free to add me. I am Team Support and Motivation all the way. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey :)
  • kerry081295
    kerry081295 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Kerry. I have been struggling with my weight ever since I married my husband 17 years ago. I am a skinny woman trapped in a fat body and don't know how to get out. I need all the help I can get because this really weighs on me emotionally. I suffer from depression and I just know that would improve if I felt better about myself. I am looking for tips, support, and friends to help me on what I can only hope will be a successful journey. I see there are some amazing stories out there and I hope we can be friends and help each other out. Thanks for letting me unload! Hope to hear from you all soon!
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    hey how is everyone doing
    my name is martin barely really started using this app but love it
    and been on a mission since august to get in shape so i can enlist in the army
  • Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    my name is natalie i really need help on my weight loss i am great excercisin i just need support on what to eat and actually loosing weight please help
  • ikarleefitness
    Options
    Hey ya'll!

My Name is Karlee. Working on losing those last few pounds while toning up! I'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme, and Turbo Fire Hybrid. Along with Shakeology. (Yum!) 2 weeks in and can already see more definition! Excited to complete the program. It's not gonna be easy, but it will be done!!

=)
  • jleighsmith
    Options
    Hi I'm Jamie, and I need all the help I can get. I'm at the largest Ive been and its really starting to effect my work and personal life. Currently a size 18 and 227 lbs. I have a bad habit of emotional eatting but working hard to change that. I'm open to all advice and look forward to bringing sexy back!
  • aost
    aost Posts: 44
    Options
    hi am anette
    im a student who managed to gain around 35 pounds in 2 years... trying to get back to my pre uni weight... i've already lost about 15 lbs and have another 25 to go.. hoping to loose about 10 before july/august so that i can feel happy in a bikini :P
  • aost
    Options
    ah and nice too meet you all :)
  • aost
    Options
    Hello! I am Kerry. I have been struggling with my weight ever since I married my husband 17 years ago. I am a skinny woman trapped in a fat body and don't know how to get out. I need all the help I can get because this really weighs on me emotionally. I suffer from depression and I just know that would improve if I felt better about myself. I am looking for tips, support, and friends to help me on what I can only hope will be a successful journey. I see there are some amazing stories out there and I hope we can be friends and help each other out. Thanks for letting me unload! Hope to hear from you all soon!

thats how i feel too.. and we will get the skinny girl out eventually :)
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My weight gain history.
    Age 16-19 - Nearly 60 pounds from the depo shot
    Age 20+21 - Back to back babies
    Age 23 - Diagnosed as hypothyroid and I have had three weight gains of 20 pounds in a week.

Now I'm a 33 year old married mother of two with a BMI of 41.5 and more than ready for a change. I want to have the energy to participate in life and I want to see my husband PROUD to have me on his arm.
  • mandyjoy12
    mandyjoy12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Mandy. Just found this as an app on my kindle fire and decided to try it out! My 2nd 29th birthday is in a couple weeks and I feel like I need to start taking weight loss serious. Hoping to find people who can motivate and encourage me as I have never tried to lose weight before because the weight gain is fairly recent.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Emma and I started my weight loss journey just over a month ago and i have a stone off. I hate the way i look, and i wanna bring the sexy back! lol!!
  • Joka94
    Joka94 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hihi people, I'm Joanna, a young woman trying to get my old body back :) looking for positive encouregment and more then willing to support someone too :) Please add me as a friend :3