pumping iron

Options
I started this workout and have fallen in love with it. I get to muscle failure every day and feel the burn but makes me want to come back and do it again. The trainers also answer any questions i am having about form when i write them. The keep me up beat and the music is great!!!! :heart:

Replies

• msabnis123
    Options
    I love Body Pump! Do you do Body Combat also?
  • jenstalder
    Options
    i havent yet. i do the workouts at home.. so i have been doing the pump and burn, hard core abs and now on pump and shred. the shred is kicking my butt. :laugh:

but i love it!!! i can feel my body changing!
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been doing body pump for around 4 years now I absolutley love it!! i try to do the class at least 3 times a week. The gym I access has a class everyday if not 2 classes a day as its so popular.

I am currently not able to exercise due to recovering from an operation but cant wait to get back to my classes in around 4 weeks time. I have when able to been doing 100 bicept curls and some tricep work when i feel ok.

I use to do Body Combat however had to stop but having had my op now I will be returning to body combat in the near future hopefully doing a class once a week.
  • auntmister
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I just joined Gold's Gym and have taken a Bodypump and Bodyattack class.....my favorite so far is Bodypump.....I was so sore the next day and knew I worked out hard, I am so excited to see a women's group to discuss this and motivate each other. Looking forward to the hard work ahead to see results.

Misty
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do Body Pump and Body Combat at Gold's Gym. I love both classes for different reasons. I've been running on the treadmill more lately because I'm running my 1st half marathon next weekend. As soon as I get back from that I will be starting back on the classes everyday!
  • sandybeachez
    sandybeachez Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I enjoy bodypump. I love getting to muscle fatigue. I take pump at the gym every Wednesday.
  • liss0916
    liss0916 Posts: 14
    Options
    “mmmmm”…. First time I hear about this “bodypump” I will look into it, It sounds really interesting… =D
  • liss0916
    liss0916 Posts: 14
    Options
    “mmmmm”…. First time I hear about this “bodypump” I will look into it, It sounds really interesting… =D

“HA”… You can tell I’m a newbi… Found this on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsm0A1RTu6k&feature=related WOW looks intense… I need to try this out… Glad I found this group! =D
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been doing the at home program and I'm loving it! So much fun & I'm loving the burn.. Looking forward to sharing our experiences :happy:
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I do pump three times a week currently - love the classes, and I find them very motivating!
  • msmg2000
    msmg2000 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love BodyPump! I have been doing it for about 10 months now...usually 1-2 times a week at my gym. Definatley notice a difference in my arms, back, legs and butt!!
  • Kath444
    Kath444 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi I started doing les mills pump at home on Jan. 1st. So far I am enjoying this program.
    I am not sure if I want to order the other dvd's with the step workout and combat and sports attack.
    I was wondering if anyone else has tried the aerobic ones and if they like them
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi I started doing les mills pump at home on Jan. 1st. So far I am enjoying this program.
    I am not sure if I want to order the other dvd's with the step workout and combat and sports attack.

I do attack religiously (usually at least 3 times a week). I've done combat in the past (although not now as the times at my gym aren't so good for me these days and the woman who takes the class isn't as good) and I've done step once or twice.

I personally HATE step, partly because I'm always worried I'm going to trip over the step funny or come off it funny and break an ankle but LOVE attack and combat. They are both quite hardcore and will definately give you a good workout. I don't know if doing them in DVD form would personally be as motivating for me as I like the class atmosphere and doing it in a group but if that's not for you, then the DVDs might be the way to go.
  • karley511
    Options

I personally HATE step, partly because I'm always worried I'm going to trip over the step funny or come off it funny and break an ankle but LOVE attack and combat.

This made me laugh. I was always so worried about tripping over the step or falling off of it. I never worried about falling on my butt in combat but that's just what I did! I was sick about 3 days taking medicine and went back to class too soon. I fell in the middle of class and thankfully only hurt my ego and nothing else! :)
  • auntmister
    Options
    Did you run your marathon? If not good luck if so how did you do? I am going to take my first body combat class tonight.....can't wait..Karley this message was for you. I have also taken the body attack class but I don't really enjoy that one seeing as how it's kind of zumbaish and I can't dance at all.....lololol
  • karley511
    Options
    Sorry, I just saw this post tonight! I ran my 1/2 marathon last Saturday and loved it! I did really well until about mile 8.5 and started getting horrible stomach cramps! I still finished in under 3 hours which I am really happy about! I know I will do so much better next year!
  • jenstalder
    Options
    So I was down and out for about three days. I was back to normal today adn decided to do my pump revolution today as my start back.. OMG. this is a 60 min full body push of strength training. I burned 650 calories and probably more but took off my monitor so not sure the total of the after burn.

My daughter loves to sit and motivate..or tell me to not quit.. she is usually on the chair since she is 6 months pregnant. and when i come home from work she says dont sit down and turns on the video.. ususally pump and shred!! loves to see me roll my eyes on some days. she seems to know what days i am not feelign it. so is ready to make me do it. and when i say thats good for today or im done she says "no your not momma" i always tell her wait till that baby is born and you are down here doing it with me. she just laughs but i will get the last laugh. LOL
  • jenstalder
    Options

You will be happy if you did.. i do it all at home and love them all. plus i can change up my routine.. i love it at home. are you a beachbody customer so you can get the discount??? let me know and i will help if you need..
  • jenstalder
    Options
    Les Mills Pump wokout....
    so todays (Pump revolution) workout was a redo.. i did it yesterday but wanted to do it better.. you know the competitor in me came out..lol I did it and couldnt finish yesterday so today i was determined to do more. i did the entire workout and felt amazing.. got a great sweat on and felt my body shaking in all muscles. it was great. i love this workout. the wieghts are easy to change! I can see my muscles during my shoulder and bicep workout...love it.. cant wait to see the different at the end!!!!
  • nkeller08
    nkeller08 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just started my Les Mills Pump today...very excited to see what the 90 days will do to me!