Why am I single?

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
Ok - Maybe its the beer talking. No. Its definitely the beer talking. But do you ever ask yourself WHY you are single?
I mean seriously. Im fairly intelligent. I even have a few degrees to back that up. I think Im cute. Hell I clean up AMAZINGLY. I have a fab job. Im not even THAT crazy in terms of crazy b!tches. I think I have just enough crazy to be sexy? Im funny even if a little dorky. So WTF? Yes it would probably help if I put myself out there more and went on some dates. That part is a little difficult as I work from home and travel so much. Also Im super protective of my youngling.
But still! Dude...and dudettes? Do you ever look at how much you have to offer and ask 'why the hell am I still single?'

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    All the time!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Sure and to add insult to injury have taken folks tell you "I don`t know why you are single,you are such a great catch" or similar.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Sure and to add insult to injury have taken folks tell you "I don`t know why you are single,you are such a great catch" or similar.
    OMG yes! I get this all of the time.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I definitely ask myself this!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Me to lol
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    Sure you'll find mr right it takes time indeed. i'm new to singles (the group not actually being single sadly) I'm starting to wonder if i'm actually better off this way being around the same person (anyone!) gets annoying for me. Last girlfriend I had was a long distance sort of internet thing, but we broke up the time we pretty much spent a week together. anyone else find themselves in a similar position where they really need alot of personal space?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    my female co-workers tell me it's only a matter of time. they are all happy and proud of my weight loss. the women will soon be falling at my feet (lol). or so they tell me.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel where I am now, it will be forever to find someone for me. I'm so different than what most people think and as soon as I speak, share a little intel about myself in regards to how I am, my hobbies, my passion for school/job, etc., I scare them off! Or I completely attract the opposite of what I hope for. I can admit this though: I'm only 22, I only been in one relationship ever, but I hate being single. I serious don't like it. I don't know if it's because everyone I know, is getting married/are married, starting families, and doing so well with that... Or if it's the fact that I want to be just like my parents and be with someone my whole life, or if I am just not at all into dating around a bunch of guys before I meet "the one"... Or if I'm just crazy :(
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Some days I wonder this and some days I love being single. I have dated since becoming single and I have not found anyone I get excited to talk to or see. I have bailed on guys because I just find myself not interested in going out with them. I have come to terms that I need to just take the time for me to get me straight and be happy with who I am before I look to date. That is the only answer I have on days when I wonder Why am I single?
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think this all the time also... with my recent weight, I've had some conversations and it's always... I bet men are asking you out all the time (I work in a pretty male dominated job) ... uh... no... and the one or two that did... would be inappropriate for me to go out with...

Last night, someone told me I was turning heads... and was like a filet mignon... meant it as a compliment, but ... this is what I get! And, no thanks!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I just haven't met anyone in the last few years that can even compare to what I'm looking for in a man/soul mate. And the guy that I did fall in love with 4 or 5 years ago didnt feel the same :sad:

I'm lucky in life, but unlucky in love :brokenheart:

But I remain hopeful !! :love: :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Sure you'll find mr right it takes time indeed. i'm new to singles (the group not actually being single sadly) I'm starting to wonder if i'm actually better off this way being around the same person (anyone!) gets annoying for me. Last girlfriend I had was a long distance sort of internet thing, but we broke up the time we pretty much spent a week together. anyone else find themselves in a similar position where they really need alot of personal space?

I dont really get this personal space thing, tbh. But I've heard it before. I'm very independent and I retain all my own friends and hobbies when I enter into a relationship. Meaning I dont have a problem going out on my own, or if he goes out with his mates etc. But fundamentally, if I'm in love with someone, I love having them around :love:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I suppose now, it's mostly to do with me being too shy and lacking the courage to ask people out. It's also difficult to find people compatible to me. They're usually either smokers, or have kids, or too much of a party goer, or some of my other deal breakers. But back when I was still big, I was convinced I was single because I was fat, ugly and worthless. And I was determind to get in shape to shake off those feelings and finally feel confident about myself.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    I read the original posters, post. I agree with looking at myself and thinking why I am single. It's a question many women who are not single wonder too. Some female friends are just astounded that I am.

Reasons i think are:

1. I don't look for women, I just expect them to knock at my door. haha. (not literally of course)
    2. I attract the type of women who are completely wrong for me, ie materialistic.
    3. I am not attracted to girls who tend to find me attractive.
    4. The girls I do like, well i struggle to ask them out because i am too shy and I am afraid of rejection.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think I was single because of me. I realize as I got older that I quickly disqualified men based on stuff like height, ethnic background, income, education level etc. Like many people I was too focused on the physical appearance and didn’t really give much thought to who someone was on the inside.

As a single adult we tend to focus on connecting with someone physically and we forget that the physical can always change (example: what can be skinny today can be fat tomorrow and vice versa). I stopped looking for my ideal physical mate and focused my search on just finding a friend. I eventually found the man who became my best friend for the last 2 years.

In the past I never dated anyone under 6 feet tall. Even being overweight myself I never even dated a heavy set man but I found my perfect mate in someone that I stand eye to eye with and yes I think we weigh the same too. It’s crazy how things work, I’m not married yet but if I married this man I know I would be marrying my ideal mate.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    A past relationship really screwed me up and I have no idea how to do this whole dating thing now. I'd prefer something serious to dating around, but also know the likelihood of finding that person could take a while (boo!).
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    A past relationship really screwed me up and I have no idea how to do this whole dating thing now. I'd prefer something serious to dating around, but also know the likelihood of finding that person could take a while (boo!).

In my opinion Dating = F***ing about. I hadn't dated for like 9 months and then had three in a row early this year. i just think its a waste of time and i also would just prefer something more regular and meaningful and ever lasting.

People say dating is fun, yes it is, but then if you keep dating and get no where in the end you just fee even worse.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Yes - I ask myself daily. I'm far from perfect but I am a good catch.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    People say dating is fun, yes it is, but then if you keep dating and get no where in the end you just fee even worse.

Exactly!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Do you ever look at how much you have to offer and ask 'why the hell am I still single?'

Yeah, but mostly it's my own fault. I *say* I want a man in my life, but honestly whenever I get to liking one I stop trusting him and can't handle the thought of giving him any authority over any part of my life.

Another huge reason I am still single is that I am a very different person at work than at home, and since most of the guys I meet are in my job travels, the few I actually befriend are usually unpleasantly surprised to see what a silly girly-girl I am off duty.